Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought Some New Alloys And Tyres, Feels So Much Different!

silvercelica

Hi Guys on saturday i bought myself some new alloys and tyres, the tyres being Toyo Proxes 4 as these are meant to be good well all i can say is my worn out crappy old tyres put these to shame!!!

I cant understand whats going on? My other tyres were on the standard 16 inch alloys (GEN 7 Celica) and were all different makes and i had only heard of one of the brands that was yokohama. Others were really low budget and perished.

But what i cant understand is the new tyres when i go into the corner the steering is so much less responsive, the sharp turn in i enjoyed before has been replaced with what seems like understeer even at lowish speeds so what has happened how have i lost my great handling Celica? :(

And i opted for 17's as i thought by going up one inch it wouldnt affect handling lol and they were fitted at a professional alloy wheel suppliers so it wasnt a backstreet garage etc.

Thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...

have you thought about lowering it?if not,give yourself some time to get a feel for the new tires and youll be throwing it through corners again in no time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links