Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Boot Spoiler Options Required

Y4R15 D4N

As I'm looking to slap a boot spoiler on my newly acquired Yaris, I'm looking at best options, fitting tips do's and don'ts.

I have seen a few for sale on eBay but the tend to look different (even tho they are standard Yaris spoilers) to the ones on the TSport model. Is this so, or is it the TSports I've seen have had theirs upgraded? I like the fact that the TSport ones seem to have longer vertical sides than those on say the CDX models, but don't want to go toally ridiculous and put one on that makes it look like the old RS Turbo 'pram' spoiler. God they looked pants.

go for the original t-sport one - personally think they look the best - there made by TTE

Nice one - where do I get one from, or is it a dealer only part?

You can get them from toyota, but they also sell some on eBay from time to time

None on there at the moment, but the one that is listed as a yaris TTE spoiler looks like the one of the corolla, and theres plenty of spoilers off the colour collection yaris

Nice one - where do I get one from, or is it a dealer only part?

Hi Dan? The TTE one is an absolute doddle to fit. No drilling or damage to the car needed.

Once painted, you stick the automotive tape on the spoiler, peel off the backing and, with a helping hand, line it up and stick it in place. Then you have two small brackets, one for the left, the other right, which you (May have) pre-fitted to the spoiler in the appropriate position, you then line them up so they clamp the bootlid and gently tighten them up, taking care not to overtighten. These stop the spoiler falling off if the adhesive fails. FITTING IS A 15 MIN JOB! The only other thing you need to do, is make sure all the painted surfaces are clean prior to sticking the tape on.

The next step is to step back ten paces, with a cup of coffee in your hand and admire your work and how the back of the car looks much, much better now! B)

I have also been looking in to a spoiler.

The old TTE were stick on but they changed the design later and the newer require drilling as the old stick on ones were coming off at high speed.

Nickp.

I have also been looking in to a spoiler.

The old TTE were stick on but they changed the design later and the newer require drilling as the old stick on ones were coming off at high speed.

Nickp.

I have my one coming a bit loose with age, but never heard of them coming off as the clamps should prevent that from happening.

I am going to remove and re-apply some new tape in the near future but also, silione sealant should do a good job, but would need to be applied nicely so as not to look shy-te. :P

If you want a really good spoiler check out Matty's with the T Sport Turbo spoiler fitted. Doesn't come down the sides like the TTE one, but looks awesome! Really rare too, not many around, only standard on the T Sport Turbo that we didn't get!

Good job I've got one in primer sat in my front room waiting for paint! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links