Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To 300bhp?

MattMR2Turbo

I want to try and get get 300bhp from my rev3 turbo but would like to know the best way of doing it. I'm thinking that adjustable boost would be the best way as I'd like to be able to run standard boost for regular driving.

My car currently has the following:

HKS panel filter

Powerflow custom exhaust with de-cat

Magnecor leads

Bailey dump valve

Bleed valve

I don't really like using the bleed valve though, much rather have a digital controller.

So anyway, with what I already have do you think an electronic boost controller will be enough to see 300bhp reasonably safely?

p.s. can anyone reccomend somewhere to take my car for a rolling road tune?

Matt

if im right (and im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) the rev 3 engine is the same as found in the ST-205 celica? if so a boost controller set to run 1.1 bar boost should give you aprox 300-310bhp. what dia is your exhaust? idealy 3"is best/ also id consider an aquamist kit to keep charge temps down :thumbsup:

Rev3 MR2 = ST205 GT4 ..

But 10 bhp less due to an IC not a charge cooler ..

Running 1.25 bar will gave you the 300 bhp level.

If your in the market for an ebc I can confirm and reccomend the Profec B as a solid uint. I have one in my Gen III and as you mention it's REALLY nice being able to have a hi setting and a low setting. I have a cat-back HKS exhaust and a custom made cold air-box with a pod and ram air (thanks to my snorkel) and have my ebc low set to 1.0 kg/cm and hi to 1.2 kg/cm.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

hello all you yota junkies out there im a new member to this amazing site i just stumbled across well heres whats up im currently on a new derranged carzy and almost seemingly impossibal swap i have a 86 1st gen mr with a 4age jap spec wich is substantially quick but its really not enough power for me a friend of mine gave me yes gave me a 3sgte :thumbsup: for free well i want to put it in my 86 well there are some problems with the motor a piston is fried to the block its in pritty bad shape but its my project im setting a goal i at least want 500 hp with 600 ft lbs of tourqe $ is not an option i know about the parts i can get for the 4age but the 3sgte im clueless i need info on performance parts and prices if possible and a decent shop if anyone knows where i can send this moster out to be built if any of u guys can help me id deeply apriciate it oh and kiwi if that silver mr is urs one word untouchable that is like the phatest mr ive seen yet the vert top oh yes u did it dirty but veilsides mr is givin ya a verry good run for ur moneythanks alot guys and babes :ph34r:

i though the rev 3 engine runs 1bar std, so if you 1.1bar you aint goin to gain 50bhp. to run 300 horses you goin to need about 1.5 bar and forged pistons, and water inj to keep her cool :thumbsup:

dont tink so and i have the dyno sheet to prove it! :P

310 bhp at the fly on 1.1 bar and stock internals.(ST-205 lump)

i though the rev 3 engine runs 1bar std, so if you 1.1bar you aint goin to gain 50bhp. to run 300 horses you goin to need about 1.5 bar and forged pistons, and water inj to keep her cool :thumbsup:

Gen III runs EXACTLY 0.8965 bar standard :)

I.2 bar + usual mods on a good engine should see 300 :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

@ sleeper220:

Welcome to the board m8.

First off where r you?

Try giving www.revision6.com (rogue systems) a buzz about the engine, or pm mattmr2 (of these boards) they should be able to help you out w. renovating the engine.

Merry Christmas all!!!!

:group-cuddles:

-Z

Another fact to point out is if your rev3+ 3sgte is healthy, in stock form they produced close to 260bhp at flywheel. (prolly more for the ST205 due to charge coolin) Rev3+ have roughly 22% transmission loss. My old stock setup readout is 211bhp@ wheels. Add 22% and you have 257bhp@flywheel.

There really isnt a need to ugrade internals at 300bhp on rev3+. Just the cooling imo. And dont forget the clutch..and while your at it why not a fidanza flywheel?

Can any1 let me know how to post up pictures in a thread?