Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180 Bluetooth Strange Occurance

Jonaldo

Well i finally got my SR180 from Lindop and am really really pleased with it! Cheers guys!

I've installed my iPod no probs at all and then paired my N73 with the bluetooth hands free, again no problems.

One thing that is a bit strange and i'm wondering if anyone has an idea/solution to this:

I get in the car, pair my phone fine but when i turn the ignition off after driving the woman comes on saying 'Redialling' which is the last thing i did with the hands free. This then disconnects from my N73 but still redials the last number on my phone?

This also happened before when i turned the ignition off the woman came on saying 'phone setup' as if there is something in the memory when i turn the engine off.

I didn't set up the language first as it was already in english, should i have done this or is there anything i need to do to stop the hands free kicking in whenever i switch the ignition off?

I'm hoping at some point it will just disconnect from my phone and not keep coming up with something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've just tried it again after adding a contact verbally and when i turn the ignition off the woman comes on saying 'Phone set up say..........' and then gets cut off.

I switched the ignition back on, pair with my phone, then held down the mode button. The woman came on saying 'phone set up say a command' I said exit, she then says 'good bye'

I turn the ignition off and she comes on saying 'Redialling' and makes my phone redial before disconnecting????

Definitely strange goings on, anyone else had this problem?

I've just tried it again after adding a contact verbally and when i turn the ignition off the woman comes on saying 'Phone set up say..........' and then gets cut off.

I switched the ignition back on, pair with my phone, then held down the mode button. The woman came on saying 'phone set up say a command' I said exit, she then says 'good bye'

I turn the ignition off and she comes on saying 'Redialling' and makes my phone redial before disconnecting????

Definitely strange goings on, anyone else had this problem?

Why are you having to pair your phone everytime you get in? It should pair automatically when you get in if set-up correctly. Have you got the sat-nav in your SR? If not it may work slightly different to mine.

Sorry i didn't make it clear. It does pair automatically when i get in the car, no problems there at all, just when i turn off the ignition.

I haven't got sat nav in mine, just the tech pack.

Ahh, I see. I think your system will be slightly different to mine so I cant really suggest anything.

Ahh, I see. I think your system will be slightly different to mine so I cant really suggest anything.

All Toyota BT kits are the same apart from the steering wheel control or seperate control.

Sounds very bizarre to me - take it back to the dealership for them to sort it out.

I Fitted a kit and it wouldnt remember the language it was set to. I then had to download a file from Toyota online, email it to my phone, set BT kit to reflash mode and upload the new file lol.

Was a ballache but it sorted the problem in the end.

Mart.

Make sure you have downloaded the latest software to your phone, N series Nokia are notorious for requiring latest software on them to get BT to work properly. If you DL Nokia suite to your PC it is an easy process

Kingo :thumbsup:

I get exactly the same problem with my Sony Erricson W810i and company Blackberry, whichever one is paired to the car at the time :unsure:

Colin

I get exactly the same problem with my Sony Erricson W810i and company Blackberry, whichever one is paired to the car at the time :unsure:

Colin

I had the exact same problem with my Nokia 6230 and my wife's Erricson T610. I took the car back to the dealer who upgraded the bluetooth software and the problem seems to have gone away. I had more symptoms than redialling (see below) and the mechanic who did the upgrade of the software actually new of all the symptoms because he said that this is a known bluetooth problem. He said that the problem has to do with the fact that when you switch the car off, the voltage does not go directly from 12V to 0V, but rather stays at the area of 5V for a few seconds until the bluetooth shuts down. This was however was not handled well by the software and random Bluetooth commands were executed when the voltage dropped.

Some of the symptoms that I had which were resolved:

1. Redialling

2. Announcing "SETUP MENU"

3. Once lost the selected language and switched to Chinese!!!

4. After #3 occured, I couldnt re-select the language I wanted.. (Here he indicated an error in the manual which was also a reason for not being able to select the language I wanted. It ommitted a step of holding the down arrow when switching off the car to save the language)

5. Announcing other commands

I got the car back from the dealer yesterday. So far it seems to be working fine.

Reprogramming the bluetooth software is the solution.

Your dealer should know how.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problems with my bluetooth, it's been driving me insane for weeks. Was almost convinced it was my phone. Just tried it tonight with different phone type and same thing, it redials and she keeps tlking once engine is switched off. I'll take it back to the dealer tomorrow...

thanks

As has been put previously, i took mine back to the dealer and it was a software issue, they upgraded the software and since then i haven't had this problem occuring.

Every now and again i am speaking to someone and all of a sudden it starts hissing and i can't hear the other person anymore. Think it may be a dodgy bluetooth connection as it only happens every now and again. Apart from that it works great!

Are you guys all talking about the toyota bluetooth that looks like an oval shaped unit that is fitted by the dealer? Or are you talking about the bluetooth system incorporated into the sat nav unit?

I have the sat nav system and have never had any problems with my bluetooth system. Just wondering if i have been lucky or if its a different system you are all having problems with.

Are you guys all talking about the toyota bluetooth that looks like an oval shaped unit that is fitted by the dealer? Or are you talking about the bluetooth system incorporated into the sat nav unit?

I have the sat nav system and have never had any problems with my bluetooth system. Just wondering if i have been lucky or if its a different system you are all having problems with.

I have the official Toyota bluetooth retro fitted to my TSpirit, this has no separate oval unit as it just uses the standard steering wheel controls.

Colin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links