Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Uk Supra's Were Sold?

Leeky

Someone told me 600, someone told me 450 & the dude i've just been to see swears there were only 250 sold in the UK!

:wacko:

Hi,

This is the reply I have had back from Toyota (GB) Plc

Year___________ Auto _________Manual__________________Total

1993____________ figures not available __________________192

1994-1996________ 297_________134 ___________________431

1997 _________________________________________________0

HTH

Excellent EmmaG :thumbsup:

So thats 623 according to Toyota.

Sounds more like it.

Im having trouble tracking down a UK Supra.

I saw one today in Rosso Red and i've decided i dont like Red :lol:

So its going to be Black, Silver or White.

If anyone see's a UK Supra in any of these colours please let me know asap :) Thanks peeps :thumbsup:

I know of 2 UK supras for sale, but you dont believe anything i say so im gonna keep scthum  :P  :D

:lol:

When have i ever not believed anything you have said?

Tell me tell me :D

Its worth a Jammy Wagon Wheel! :lol:

leeky 1994 supra tt with 40000miles on the clock in good nick, £8995

is this about right can i get newer or older ones for this money.

I told you how many mkiv uk spec supras were sold and how hard it would be to find.....ta dah, now where's me wagon wheel  :D

I'll give it to you at the next meet :lol:

Im gonna hold out for a UK one because i dont want to have to buy an import then go through all the hassle of upgrading the brakes and injectors. :(

Im thinking of buying a MK3 Supra until i can find a UK MK4.

Then when the mk4 comes i will strip the mk3 down and have me the basis for a 1/4 mile car :D

By the way sporty £8995 isnt a bad price but your obviously talking about an import yeah?

I told you how many mkiv uk spec supras were sold and how hard it would be to find.....ta dah, now where's me wagon wheel  :D

I'll give it to you at the next meet :lol:

Im gonna hold out for a UK one because i dont want to have to buy an import then go through all the hassle of upgrading the brakes and injectors. :(

Im thinking of buying a MK3 Supra until i can find a UK MK4.

Then when the mk4 comes i will strip the mk3 down and have me the basis for a 1/4 mile car :D

By the way sporty £8995 isnt a bad price but your obviously talking about an import yeah?

I wonder how many of the 623 uk tt's are still alive, it would be intresting to know, how many imports there are too. I supose you would have to speak to the DVLA to find out.

On the injector and brake part of a j-spec supra, you can get J-specs with the uk's bigger brakes, as they were an option. Just like leather, and alot of other goodies. The injectors wont need upgrading, unless your going to be aiming for big power. I think someone said there good for 400bhp or around there.

So the only big thing is the little extra in insurance costs, that you get on a j-spec car.

Also the import has

plastic head lights that go a yellow colour

not many have the bonnet scoop

the traction control works differently (not as good)

some don,t have air bags

ceramic turbo blades

you also can not verify previous owners

and the !Removed! don,t like leather seats so not many have them

then theres messing around with the speedos

and there top speed is restricted to 112 mph or somthing

so all in all you are better off buying a uk Supra which has all the toys and none of the hassel

So the only big thing is the little extra in insurance costs, that you get on a j-spec car.

Dunno who you are insured with but every company i have spoken to has told me its going to be twice the insurance of a uk car for an import supra.

Approx £1000 -1500 for a uk car and £2500-anything for the jap :help:

Also the import has

plastic head lights that go a yellow colour

not many have the bonnet scoop

the traction control works differently (not as good)

some don,t have air bags

ceramic turbo blades 

you also can not verify previous owners

and the japs don,t like leather seats so not many have them

then theres messing around with the speedos

and there top speed is restricted to 112 mph or somthing

so all in all you are better off buying a uk Supra which has all the toys and none of the hassel

Dont worry mate im going UK for sure, i can name a few things on top of that little list that make me wanna go uk :thumbsup:

If it wasnt for the insurance, My choice would be J-Spec, the turbos spool faster, lower mileage, easier to tune, hasnt had a big fat company director squashing the seat for 100k + miles, cheaper to buy, and normally at BPU level off tune.

If it wasnt for the insurance, My choice would be J-Spec, the turbos spool faster, lower mileage, easier to tune, hasnt had a big fat company director squashing the seat for 100k + miles, cheaper to  buy, and normally at BPU level off tune.

Yeah i have noticed the UK cars usually have stupid high mileages. Most probably because most of them are as you said driven by fat twits in suits.

But i'd preffer the uk steel turbo's than the ceramic one's. Simply because then i dont have to ever worry about them shattering.

Also i hear that they can take much higher boost levels stock than the ceramic one's.

I think someone told be at over 1.3 bar boost the ceramic turbo's start to fall apart but the metal one's go up to 2bar! If anyone knows the exact boost levels let me know.

Yeah its the insurance that is the REAL benefit from a uk supra. If it wasnt so high i would concider the Jap cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links