Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaky T Bar

TurboTas

alrite ppl. i know this has been asked before but really need to get it sorted. have used the eccentric rods but really need a solution to stop leaks on my t bar. im also gettin loads of condensation and water freezin on the inside of my windows.....

You could try what Bibbs did, get some black silicone slap it on the seals then mould it so that it's smooth with cling film... then do the same a few times to build the layers up.

Do search for the thread, there were some pics.

I spent ages trying to sort this known Tbar problem.

I bought eccentric rod guides... then bought new seals (£400 !). Then bought some nylon and rubber lubricant from Halfords.

Finally sorted it... I get about 2 drips passenger side for about an hour of driving so not bad. Still to play with the rod guides a bit more on that side.

First I would go for the Nylon and Rubber Lubricant.... then eccentric rod guides.

I personally don't like what Bibbs done to his seals.. I don't think it looks too good. Go for the lube, then rod guides... both very cheap. If your seals are really old and duff looking ( like mine were, and you have the money ).. then get new seals too.

Yeah .. it's not the best looking (cause I was in a rush .. it was cold and me dinner was ready) ..

But the amount of dollah I saved .. makes me smile .. new Seals? Nah .. I like the £400 notes to be put behind the bar down the local ..

maybe I'm just fussy.... well.. nah.. I am... lol.

Just don't like how that looks. It would annoy me too much.

It annoys me and it aint even my car, lol :)

btw nowt against u bibbs :thumbsup:

Can them strips be painted over w. something to retore their colour?

Mine r in pretty good nick, i.e. fully intact w. nothing missing, but they're just faded in places and i dont like the look of em like that.

TBH u wouldnt really notice em that much, my dad didnt, but i can and i don't like it one bit!

Can them strips be painted over w. something to retore their colour?

Mine r in pretty good nick, i.e. fully intact w. nothing missing, but they're just faded in places and i dont like the look of em like that.

eh ?? .. did I get lost somewhere or something ?

I think he means the colours of the rubber strip .. loads of rubber rejuvinator will get the colour back .. DO NOT USE VASELINE !!!

Hit the nail on the head there ben. Sory about that shoulda been more clear in my question.

and vaseline...i didnt even think of that...not to sound stupid but why would i wanna try that? <_<

-Z

Ahem .. the old style vaseline would have been fine, but the new formula used actually perishes the rubber (why you shouldn't use it on Condoms - but use a water-based lubricant) ..

Here endeth the lesson ..

Woohoo, feel quite lucky with mine then, only ever dripped once, and think that was water that jumped in whilst the door was open...... think the previous owner had new seals somewhere, theres a reciept for £300 odd for t-bar seals......good lad :thumbsup:

Any ZeroBlade Jnrs you should be thinking about? :)

dude ur like a mindreader!

That was the 1st thing that came to mind... :eek: