Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Car These Days.

manphibian

Looks very clean mate, but have you thought about upgrading to a Gen 7?

Looks very clean mate, but have you thought about upgrading to a Gen 7?

Why do people always assume that a newer car is an "upgrade" :angry: The version he's got looks way nicer than the *****ty version 7 or whatever it is. All you can muster is "Looks very clean mate" :blink: It looks way better than a gen 7 model. It looks friggin fantastic, gen 7 is not a patch on the model he's got.

lol, thanks Flynn, very kind of you.

Yep n00b. A gen 7 is not an upgrade. In terms of build quality, aesthetics, or anything else. Mine is chipped and tuned and is quicker than a 190, (which is really a 140 up until 6300RPM) so why would i want to change for a woman's car exactly?

:thumbsup:

Ya very nice and I agree its way better looking than gen7 those things are too boxy and jagged plus hate to say it but they got no balls. Now an st205 that would be an upgrade for you because it looks the same only with a killer hood scoop and turbo, plus the 4WD is great. But owning a gt4 my opinion is also biased :D

lol, thanks Flynn, very kind of you.

Yep n00b. A gen 7 is not an upgrade. In terms of build quality, aesthetics, or anything else. Mine is chipped and tuned and is quicker than a 190, (which is really a 140 up until 6300RPM) so why would i want to change for a woman's car exactly?

:thumbsup:

So you think a Gen 7 is not an upgrade in terms of aesthetics?! :blink: Does your Guide Dog agree with you?

If you want to drive around in a fugly Car mate, that's up to you, it's a free Country :)

It sounds overly diplomatic, but it really depends heavily on what you do to the car. My facelift gen6 with leather interior, lowered with 17's, looked alot better than my dads gen 7. The interior was nicer, and more solidly built. It had alot more grunt as well but it was just the 140, however the gen 7 had a much nicer close 6 speed to make up for that. However, if it was the Gen 7 GT, it'd be a closer call. If you compare it to the fensport gen7, I'd take that, no contest!

Easily nicer than your average gen 7 :) :

15052007344.jpg

Yours is looking good manphibian, personally I'd get the OEM side skirts to finish it off. In one pic it's brilliant red, in the other it's kinda faded, which is truer to life?

Gen 6 was the last great Celica in my opinion. I had 3, one GT and two GT4's.

The Gen7 caused the death of the Celica as it didnt have the power or the build quality.

Although saying that i wouldnt mind a late Gen7 GT.

When the Celica's went from RWD to FWD (Gen4) the only thing stopping them from becoming limp wristed hairdresser mobiles was the thoroughbred rally version with 4WD and a turbocharged engine. Take that away (ala Gen7) it becomes the Hairdresser mobile.

I like the 2ZZ-GE engine, but the Gen7 really needed to be 3SGTE powered. And i love the Fensport Gen7 for this reason.

I will give the Gen7 one thing though, the styling it very contemporary and still looks more cutting edge now (9 years old) that 90% of the cars on the road. :yes:

The Gen6 will always be the one people remember and i'll show you why....

n95.JPG

(my car btw :lol:)

Sega Rally was THE game if you were in your teens in the 90's :lol:

Ya very nice and I agree its way better looking than gen7 those things are too boxy and jagged plus hate to say it but they got no balls. Now an st205 that would be an upgrade for you because it looks the same only with a killer hood scoop and turbo, plus the 4WD is great. But owning a gt4 my opinion is also biased :D

Yep, a 205 will most likely be my next car :)

So you think a Gen 7 is not an upgrade in terms of aesthetics?! :blink: Does your Guide Dog agree with you?

If you want to drive around in a fugly Car mate, that's up to you, it's a free Country :)

You're a bit of a tit really aren't you?!

Yours is looking good manphibian, personally I'd get the OEM side skirts to finish it off. In one pic it's brilliant red, in the other it's kinda faded, which is truer to life?

I'd have trouble with skirts getting onto my drive as it quite low. I saw some Euro dealer option skirts that were a lot thinner but i can't find them anywhere :(

The first is taken with my camera, the 2nd is taken with my phone.

The first one is how it looks in the flesh, here's another: (i hate that phone camera!)

redline.jpg

I saw some Euro dealer option skirts that were a lot thinner but i can't find them anywhere :(

I know the ones you are on about. Dealer fit option here only on UK cars i believe. Unlikely to be available from Toyota still but you never know, i have an old brochure at home that 'may' have a part number on it :thumbsup:

I saw some Euro dealer option skirts that were a lot thinner but i can't find them anywhere :(

I know the ones you are on about. Dealer fit option here only on UK cars i believe. Unlikely to be available from Toyota still but you never know, i have an old brochure at home that 'may' have a part number on it :thumbsup:

These are the ones i mean, hard to find :(

post-27455-1211020858_thumb.jpg

Are the headlights on your car a HID or xenon conversion?, i ask as the GT i had a few years back didnt have the little black eyes in the centre.

availiable from toyota at around £400 the set IIRC.

have to agree that the gen 6 celica was about the last true sports coupe toyota made. the gen7 may have the looks but no balls to back it up. even the 190 will be embarrassed if caught off lift

availiable from toyota at around £400 the set IIRC.

have to agree that the gen 6 celica was about the last true sports coupe toyota made. the gen7 may have the looks but no balls to back it up. even the 190 will be embarrassed if caught off lift

Tell me about it :o :lol: