Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Rav4 Keeps Beeping At Me!

Anon3010

Hi Y'all,

I've had my 05 D-4D Granite RAV4 for 9 days now, bought from dealer in Sandhurst (nice people there by the way). 3 mornings I've started up, driven about 20 feet down a gravel drive and the car starts beeping at me. Longish beeps like dashes in Morse code, no warning lights from dashboard or anything. Sometimes it stops on its own, other times I have to switch off the engine - start again it's fine.

A flick through the manual always has beeps associated with warning lights to explain what they mean. I'm a but flumuxed. :unsure:

Any ideas what could be causing this? Is it just trying to be friendly and say good morning to me?

Many thanks

Jase.

Dont take this the wrong way, but are you putting your seatbelt on :eek:

What I mean is, it's not the seatbelt warning bleeping at you is it? or is it a similar noise?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dont take this the wrong way, but are you putting your seatbelt on :eek:

What I mean is, it's not the seatbelt warning bleeping at you is it? or is it a similar noise?

Kingo :thumbsup:

he he!

No, It's not the seatbelt warning (that one doesn't beep at me, just flashes).

It sounds similar to "key in with door open" alarm but have checked and door is closed and engine running.

I got a bumpy gravel driveway, if the traction control kicks in a little, does a RAV beep?

Sometimes it sounds like morse code "dashes", once it sounded more urgent like "dots".

If it happens again, I'll record it and pop on my website.

Any other ideas out there in Toyota land?

Cheers Jase. B)

It begins like a normal beep and gets louder and faster after 30 seconds? Definitely the seatbelt sound.

If there is a bag or dog on passenger seat, the switch in the seat may be triggered by that...

It begins like a normal beep and gets louder and faster after 30 seconds? Definitely the seatbelt sound.

If there is a bag or dog on passenger seat, the switch in the seat may be triggered by that...

Ah, that sounds about right, :thumbsup: I had a bag on there this morning.

Thanks very much all, Dutchrav, you deserve a hug. :flowers:

Your welcome. Have fun with your new ride too! ;)

• 9 years later...

The double beep whilst driving is from an app called Coyote which can be configured to warn you about (mobile and fixed) speed cameras as well as reporting new ones. The double beeps can be turned off.

1 hour ago, AndrewDHislop said:

The double beep whilst driving is from an app called Coyote which can be configured to warn you about (mobile and fixed) speed cameras as well as reporting new ones. The double beeps can be turned off.

Not 10 years ago it wasn't ... the head unit wouldn't support apps.

Hi Anon, if you simply click the passenger seatbelt together then you can continue to put your bag on the passenger seat. Mike.

• 2 years later...

My Rav4 is 15 months old.  Just yesterday I started hearing 5 low-sounding beeps which occur about every few minutes.  I had the car in for service and was told if you don't get a message on the dash, then pay no attention, which is crazy.  I'm tired of the beeping.  Anyone know what it could be.  

Hi Mary, have you what the solution was for the original poster, Anon?  His problem was 12 years ago, and it was he was putting something on the passenger seat when he got in the car. IS that what you do, put your handbag/shopping bag on the passenger seat????  

• 10 months later...

Okay I have a beeping sound when I accelerate I don't believe it's a seat belt because I've tried fastening the seat belts and it seems to happen when I accelerate especially going uphill and then it fades away this is only been going on for a few weeks but it's starting to drive me crazy does anybody have an idea what this is

Sounds like a poor contact which is affected by the acceleration.  Could be a seatbelt switch.

Rear parking sensors control module failure?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links