Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Funny Smell From The Fan

kinky_willow

Hi all,

I have a nasty smell (like something has crawled up and died....which maybe it did) filling up my car when i turn the fan on. The air con has been pungent for a while, even though i turn it on regulary. Spoke to Mr T and apparently they have a flushing device to clear that out and get rid of the bacteria.

But yesterday i just switch my fan on low (without air Con) and a really rancid smell starting pumping its way in.

Now the engine smells fine, and the temp. isn't being effected. Plus the fan is still doing its job of cooling or heating the air....it just smells.

So i think it may need a new filter. Has anyone else had this problem?

Does that sound about right, if so how much are they, and are they easy to fit? Was thinking of doing it myself.

Cheers

Vicky

Hi all,

I have a nasty smell (like something has crawled up and died....which maybe it did) filling up my car when i turn the fan on. The air con has been pungent for a while, even though i turn it on regulary. Spoke to Mr T and apparently they have a flushing device to clear that out and get rid of the bacteria.

But yesterday i just switch my fan on low (without air Con) and a really rancid smell starting pumping its way in.

Now the engine smells fine, and the temp. isn't being effected. Plus the fan is still doing its job of cooling or heating the air....it just smells.

So i think it may need a new filter. Has anyone else had this problem?

Does that sound about right, if so how much are they, and are they easy to fit? Was thinking of doing it myself.

Cheers

Vicky

What exactly does it smell like? Is definately a rotting smell or a sweat smell?

I would think you need a pollen filter and an air con sanitiser, as per my other post on the same subject CLICKY HERE

Kingo :thumbsup:

Cheers guys,

They smell is definatley more rotten than sweet.

Also how easy is it to change a pollen filter? Anyone done it before and have pictures so i know im not f'ing it up?

Thanks for putting up with all my silly little questions!

Vicky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links