Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazon Tyre Pressures?

Dickster

Hi,

I have a 2000 model Amazon VX 4.2TD, originally fitted with 16" rims with michelin LTX 275x70x16 114H tyres.

I bought a set of 18" rims off eBay (newer models standard issue).

I then looked for tyres and struggled to find the standard size of 275x60x18 for any less than @ £150 each.

I have since bought and fitted successfully a set of Kumho STX KL16 (285x60x18 116V) - 10mm wider but with a higher load and speed rating,

(They don't rub anywhere with the extra width)

My question is - what tyre pressures do i run these tyres at normally? and do i need to increase the pressure when i'm carrying/towing a load. (26ft caravan, topbox, 4 kids, 2 dogs, bikes and the kitchen sink etc)

Any help much appreciated

Richard

PS does anyone have the 18" wheel centre caps for sale before i silicone my old ones to the new wheels (£38 each from toyota !!!)

• 2 months later...

i would suggest that you put 30psi in all the tyres, but when you are towing caravan put about 36 - 38 in the rears and up the frotn to about 32

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links