Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tried And Testes Perfromance Gains

Kev_95GT

Hi all,

I know these forums talk alot around what performance parts are best based on noise, power gains etc excepet i cant seem to find any on here for the Gen 6 Celica GT (loads on GT4 etc) - maybe im not looking in the right place but ive searched for hours?

Could anyone give me any help on what induction kit will give me the best power gains (and noise if possible) for my 95 Gen 6 Celica GT or send me a link so i can read the post myself?

I know you can visit the manufacturers websites to get figures but in my opinion they all boast to give the best performance gains - id prefer a figure from someone who has tried and tested these on a Gen 6 Celica GT - that way i know for sure!

Cheers Guys - let the project begin!!

P.S. Im new to toyota's that why i know little of performance parts for them - Ive just got a 95 celica gt so far on my drive ive, swapped the engine for a Jap Import lump around 175bhp instead of UK 168bhp with only 30k (gaurenteed), lightened JDM flywheel, perfromance clutch. I need help on Air intake system. Thinking of gettting a cat bypass piece (need help with that too if possible) as the standard exhaust looks good enough to alow at least 220 bhp - but with the power gains ill get from this GT with a few mods an exhuast system wouodn't make a difference really - only need one if supercharging/turbo-ing in my opinion! (also i dont think that 220bhp is coming from a Celica GT whithout lots n lots of money on it - for the cost of it id just get a GT4 instead). And before anyone says just get a GT4 - my girlfriend has just had our baby so insurance and fuel costs cant warrant that - YET!!! Good job i can do all the work myself then isnt it! Any help would be great guys! Thanks again (sorry 4 the essay)

I need help on Air intake system. Thinking of gettting a cat bypass piece (need help with that too if possible) as the standard exhaust looks good enough to alow at least 220 bhp - but with the power gains ill get from this GT with a few mods an exhuast system wouodn't make a difference really

Hi mate -

That's a typical place to start - Panel filter and Exhaust (induction kit for a more "customised" noise, though) - as said, you probably won't get to much out of that, but it will be more responsive and have a better soundack :thumbsup: .The 3S-GE is highly tuned, so it's not ripe for too much unless you pay silly money - for big gains, its going to have to be a GT4 (as your'e already probably aware).

I need help on Air intake system. Thinking of gettting a cat bypass piece (need help with that too if possible) as the standard exhaust looks good enough to alow at least 220 bhp - but with the power gains ill get from this GT with a few mods an exhuast system wouodn't make a difference really

Hi mate -

That's a typical place to start - Panel filter and Exhaust (induction kit for a more "customised" noise, though) - as said, you probably won't get to much out of that, but it will be more responsive and have a better soundack :thumbsup: .The 3S-GE is highly tuned, so it's not ripe for too much unless you pay silly money - for big gains, its going to have to be a GT4 (as your'e already probably aware).

Cheers for the responce sump - you got any suggestions on induction kits and exhausts - would really help me? What is the difference in power with the panel filter to the induction kit? Does one give better gains then the other?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links