Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Closure

Norfolk n Chance

With the weather being warmer i tend to drive with the windows down a lot more (as will most peeps!)

The thing that's bugging me is I had a Clifford alarm on the last car so i could pull up, get out and with one click it would close all the windows for me.

I've got out, forgetting that i don't have this feature, and have left my windows fully open 3 times!! :lol:

However, if you click the windows to shut you can remove the key from the ignition and the windows still close.

Is there any way of linking this to the key fob so when i lock the car it will close the windows too??

I have queried this with Parts King to see if there's an option on the alarm to do it but sadly not!!

:help:

lol i didnt even know you could remove the key and the windows carry on going up :o

lol i didnt even know you could remove the key and the windows carry on going up :o

Snap! I always sit and wait. lol

ya i knew this. you can flick up the woindows and turn off the engine, the windows will continue closing. obviously dont try this when the car is moving....

id say you would need a new alarm system rather than adding this feature to the existing toyota alarm

ya i knew this. you can flick up the woindows and turn off the engine, the windows will continue closing. obviously dont try this when the car is moving....

id say you would need a new alarm system rather than adding this feature to the existing toyota alarm

That's what got me thinking you see.

There must be some sort of time delay function already installed, if not the windows would stop as soon as you remove the key.

The fact that the windows still close says to me that there is something installed to continue supplying power even if the key is removed.

Might have a chat with my local auto electrician! :thumbsup:

Def you would be able.

I only installind central locking to my mini few weeks ago.

if you find the wire that flashes the indicators when you lock you could loop that to the auto up on the windows.

No that wouldn't work would it. every time you indicate the windows would go up and there would be no power to the windows when you take key out.

There is definatly a way to do this.

Let me know if you have any success.

:yes:

Arron

you can get a module where you take the windows wiring and make it go through this box.

Wasnt worth the effort for me though

Yeah i've seen those modules as well.

Had a quick chat with the auto electrician we use at work and he reckons it should be possible.

Gonna let him have a look and will report back!

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links