Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A Cd Changer

Superdug

:help: I want to fit a cd changer to a Corolla 2000 model but i dont know how to get to the back of the oem radio. Please does anyone have any knowledge of how to go about it.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hey...is the radio at the top of the dash or is it built in the thing(facelift version).......if its at the top you have to remove your centre air vents using a small screw driver at each side....then remove the air vent suround......it has 2 clips at the top so be carefull....after this is off peer it the gap and you should have 2 10mm bolts to remove....the radio should then come out!!!

If it is the other type remove your ashtray and heater control knobs inc recirculate remove the 2 phillips screws under these. Then get you fingers and pull the bottom of the centre panel out....its quite tight and you will need to jiggle about a bit but it should come out easy enuff....once this is out eveyting else is straight forward...hope this helps...

:thumbsup:

Cheers sorry i've been away just got back.Mines the one that's built in with the trip/mpg etc display in it.The radio sought of on the sits on top just above the air vents, then the tape player is below the heater settings(see picture).

Thanks again

Superdug

post-19-1072731647.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have you fitted a CD player? If so, do you have any pictures?

I have the facelift version of the Corolla too and any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links