Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Rise Headlamp Kit

dj_davo

another one i seen on eBay - sorry for flooding with eBay links but its 2 in the morning and im been a geek!

be quick - only 21 hours left - as at 2 am 23 dec 2003.

low-rise

it looks like the "turn your lights to side lights, as the mains go down" trick ..

Would not light the road, or be legal .. I'll be waiting for Matt and Patrick to do their thang ..

not the low rise kit.. it is the sleepy eye kit. lights don't go all the way down but do open all the way. it is legal.. here is a site for the low rise. www.roguesystems.co.uk

Yeah that looks like the turn a knob to control the height of the lights so it could still be used with Patricks low rise kit. Followed a thread a while ago about this type of adjuster, they are good for any car with pop up lights apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

E-mailed the person selling these, this was their responce:

Hi Adam,

Ok, the kit is a very simple to use kit, you have in the cabin a 3 way toggle switch, which allows you to have the lights working as normal (you see no change)

to stop all power to the raise and lower motor (lights illuminate, but do not raise)

and the 3rd position allows you to raise the lights for the period of time you keep pressure on the switch (this allows you to raise them to your preferred height, for sleepy eye look)

It's a good kit, and has worked on many cars now for a long time, i have it on my probe, and i love the look of it.

You can set the sleepy eye with the lights either on or off, personally i prefer the look when the lights are on, but at least this way, you have an option.

cheers and hope this helps Adam

Looks like its just a switch/relay inline with the signal lead to the lights, i.e stopping them moving when you flick the switch....would be cool better with a variable twiddly knob though :thumbsup:

Me and the S13 boys from SXOC ( http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s...5300#post695300 ) are looking into cracking this one.....if anyone on here has some ideas/wiring diagrams or anything else they would like to share feel free ;)

Im thinking parts shouldnt cost much, basically just a switch its just the head scratching involved that will take the time (hence trying to get as many people involved as possible!)

Ill keep you informed of how we are doing, if we crack it ill tell you how to do it B)

• 9 months later...
E-mailed the person selling these, this was their responce:

Hi Adam,

Ok, the kit is a very simple to use kit, you have in the cabin a 3 way toggle switch, which allows you to have the lights working as normal (you see no change)

to stop all power to the raise and lower motor (lights illuminate, but do not raise)

and the 3rd position allows you to raise the lights for the period of time you keep pressure on the switch (this allows you to raise them to your preferred height, for sleepy eye look)

It's a good kit, and has worked on many cars now for a long time, i have it on my probe, and i love the look of it.

You can set the sleepy eye with the lights either on or off, personally i prefer the look when the lights are on, but at least this way, you have an option.

cheers and hope this helps Adam

Looks like its just a switch/relay inline with the signal lead to the lights, i.e stopping them moving when you flick the switch....would be cool better with a variable twiddly knob though  :thumbsup:

BLATANT PLUG OF YOUR OWN SITE IS NOT ALLOWED. YOU ARE NOT AN AUTHORISED TRADER ON THIS FORUM - JIMLAD

i had the pivot headlight controller in mine which controlled the height of the headlights when they were either on sidelight or off. when they were on completely, they would go back to their normal height. altho it is known for people to use this controller and just plumb in their main lights to come on when only the sidelights are supposed to be on.