Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisey Engine /oil Levels Ok Ect/growling Sound On Exeleration

mark starkie

hi

i have an 02 corolla t3 14cc and for quite a while now it has been making a growling sound on exeleration ive checked the oil level often it is ok

it seems to come mainly from round the exhaust manifold area this dosnt seem to be loose it has 63000 on the clock any ideas thanx

mark

• 3 weeks later...

I'd bet that the muffler is broke in this case.

Try to block the end of the muffler and feel does the pressure is low. And at the same time try to find out where is it broken. Because I had this same problem and this was the to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd bet that the muffler is broke in this case.

Try to block the end of the muffler and feel does the pressure is low. And at the same time try to find out where is it broken. Because I had this same problem and this was the to find it.

Hi guys, I have just bought an 03 Corolla T3 and straight away I have a problem which sounds like yours. When I pull away there is a loud vibration noise that can be heard over the normal sound of the engine, and it does it sometimes when I accelerate after changing gear (any gear). I have taken it to the garage I bought it from, they sat in the car and heard the noise and they thought it was the coils that connect to the exhaust. They replaced them but it is still making the noise all the time.

So it might be the muffler? How much are they to fix/replace?

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took the Corolla to Toyota who said that while the rasping noise is coming from the exhaust, there is nothing physically wrong with it and sometimes they just make that noise.

So I have to live with it! I guess I'll just have to crank my music up...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links