Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camry Comes Out Of Hibernation

Lomancobra

I'm getting my mom's 94 camry as a christmas present. It has been sitting in the driveway for approximately one year and has not been touched. I jumped the Battery today and it started. I plan on changing the oil, but aside from that, is there anything that I should do in order to get it ready to drive? I wanted to get an additive for the old gas thats in the tank, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

camry are nice motors!

I would be carefull jump starting the car... I would have the Battery on a trickle feed. Jump starting the car the wrong way can spike the ECU and cost alot of money to replace

good luck with the motor... I would buy a new Battery too as i expect that one is no good as it has been dead for a while.

• 1 month later...

yeah, those are great engines. very hard to break. i would replace the spark plugs, new Battery, have the timing belts checked, ect. just general stuff. use some fuel injector cleaner. great cars, but a little lacking on power...i'm driving a 99(my moms) i love it, but it has a little bit of a power problem and its a little lacking on legroom for a 6'4" guy. :P

• 2 weeks later...

one other thing you might want to watch out for when jumping is blowing the alternator for some reason when my aunt jumped her 94 and my cusin jumped his 1991 camrys thay ended up blowing the alternators. but new Battery only after it has been tested thay arnt cheep and fuel injector cleaner is a good idea spark plugs to also watch out for the belts thay depending on weather while sitting may be weak in some areas good luck. tjvp