Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wtf Price Of Fuel

chatman

Drove to work on Friday morning @8am and Price of Diesel was £1.23 and Petrol was £1.10

Drove home @6pm and price of Diesel now £1.28 and Petrol £1.16 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What's going on....has there been some sneaky government price hike, greedy CEO's lining there pockets. I did not notice the price of crude going up dramaticly???

When will this price rises stop or are we all going to sit back and just take it :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Fuel prices near me have gone up this week by 1p per litre per day............................I am pleased that my car is economical :thumbsup:

It is rediculous! I would like to know the reason for the constant increases!!

First of all it was blamed on the war in Iraq, but now what's the reason???

I put petrol in the other day and it was 117.9p per litre!! Saying that it is V-Power.

People will keep paying whatever price it is because people depend on cars for getting to work etc. I read yesterday that fuel theft is increasing which isn't a suprise!

what's the reason???

This is:-

People will keep paying whatever price it is because people depend on cars

The government want us to use less fuel. In theory putting the price up will achieve that.

But if demand for a resource is insensitive to price then the price has to move a long way before price increases reduce demand.

They might want us to use less fuel, but surely they make <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s loads of £££ from us buying the stuff?

They might want us to use less fuel, but surely they make <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s loads of £££ from us buying the stuff?

Indeed.

But they can always do that. If some people use less then they'll just tax those who use a lot of the stuff even more.

Or else tax something else instead.

I do think they genuinely want us to use less for two reasons; they do believe it's likely to be contributing to global warming and they've made commitments to reduce CO2, and also importing the stuff is bad for our economy. But the fact that they can make money out of it is a big win for them too; lots of revenue without putting up income tax is orsum for the chancellor, even if he has lost our votes as a result.

Anyone driving an efficient car, or not using a car at all, should be very happy though; they're getting the benefit while those of us who drive thirstier cars are paying the price.

Apparently because the price is so high they can scrap the 2p increase which is expected in October as well as knocking an extra 9p off - and still be earning what they was a year ago.

Some garages around here are at £1.30 :(

I've got a diesel which is economical at 40-60mpg but even i'm feeling the pinch!

I think we should fire Gordon Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using my bike on days I don't have to take much into work!

its only ever going to get worse from here on, diesel will be £1.50 in 6 weeks or so! i would of thought it would be £2 per litre with in next 2 years :(

I've noticed a few people i know getting rid of there 2nd and 3rd cars which they can do with out as they cant afford to run them what with fuel so high and insurance etc. The car market will be fill of them soon, i've noticed quite a few weekend toys going up for sale for same reasons.

everything you do and buy will go up in price due to rocketing prices of fuel, from food to dvd players! it's a grim time coming up for a few years at least :(

Jim, it must take at most 10 mins to WALK to your work, lazy git!!!!

umm try 138.9 for diesel and 124.9 for petrol????? thats the cheapest i can find :(

its crazy i am paying on average £300 per month on fuel alone good job im self employed to claim some back

I don't recall anyone even electing him to his current position !

I don't recall anyone even electing him to his current position !

Come to think of it...your right ;) ;) ;)

You work harder and put in some overtime then get taxed even more..

Cheapest I've found near me is Esso @1.23 for diesel...

Mate at work just brought a second hand A class merc thats got a LPG kit fitted to it, 55p per litre is alot better :) if i was not running on used cooking oil this is what i would do.

I read yesterday that fuel theft is increasing which isn't a suprise!
That's why people drive uninsured and untaxed cars. They just can't afford it. Go out and buy something for under £1,000 don't apply for the V5 run it for a couple of months sell the parts on eBay and recoupe about £500 then start again.

Same as everything you abide by the law you end up paying higher insurance premiums and all the food and accomodation costs of those who break the law :mad2:

Filled up at a Shell garage today at £1.21 per litre for diesel. Noticed on my reciept that they have stopped putting

price per litre and are now quoting litres purchased and value. :censor: As said allready, ***** Turpin had the

decency to wear a mask.

The garage closest to my house is £1.31 per litre, and it seems to be going up every day!

I'm so glad i don't use pump fuel any more as i would not be able to buy beers and stuff then :wacko:

Jim, it must take at most 10 mins to WALK to your work, lazy git!!!!

15mins, longer on the way back cos it's all up hill!

If I can roll out of bed and into the car I will. Saves getting up earlier and walking! lol.

Cycling is good on way there, because it's all down hill... on the way home's not so much fun.

The plan of decreasing demand for fuel by increasing the price of flawed for one simple reason; In most cases fuel is an essential good, not a luxury good. People don't buy it to treat themselves, they buy it because they need to.

If I could ride/walk to work I would, but I can't -I live too far out in the sticks. For me no car means no work.

Even veg oil is £1 a litre now!

Got Diesel this morning for my van. Euro139 per litre.(Ireland) I can't be bothered doing the sums :lol: but I reckon it works out cheaper than your prices :rolleyes:

That said, I am lucky that it so cheap in my town(Cheap? :( ) It was in paper that a filling station in Dublin are charging Euro 179 & getting it. :angry:

I work for Shell and have spent more time outside changing the price than doing anything else! changed it 5 times in the past 3 weeks i think... and yesterday the diesel price went up by 2p/litre without unleaded changing :S around this time of year as it gets hotter, and therefore less people are using diesel to heat their homes, the price difference between unleaded and diesel usually reaches 0... not increases.

For all you oil burners out there, try putting veggie oil in your tank. All you have to do is put 30% diesel 70% veg oil in this hot weather,

however, when it's cold you will probably have to make it 50/50 or put an in line fuel heater on, cheap enough to do, then you can put it in neat.

you will also need to change your fuel filter about every 3,000 miles or so but their cheap enough.

It will affect your emmisions however, you wont have any!! :D

In poland they only put veg oil in when it's m.o.t. time just so it will pass the emmision test.

Now for the law: You can put 2,500 litres of veg oil in your tank per year without having to pay fuel tax, which is about 20,000 miles,

you will need to keep all your reciepts in case the ministry pull you and test your fuel, remember this is FOOD until you put it in your tank

then it becomes fuel and then it becomes taxable. :(

Asda, tesco, morrisons have all increased the price of veg oil from around 50-60p a litre to about £1.10 in the last 5 months because theres

that many people using it. you can still find it cheaper, cash and carry for example or you prep your own waste veg oil but this is a bit of a

process and never done it myself, however if you seach the web you should find all the info you need

Happy chip frying! :lol:

For all you oil burners out there

There are quite a few threads on that topic on here. Quite a few are using Veg oil with older cars and 4x4s, but quite a few are concerned by its use in the newer Toyota Diesels as the cost of engine repairs could be much greater than the savings in fuel costs.

Just had this through as an email

worth a thought?

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

>

> We are hitting 123.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we

> will be faced with paying 2.00 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth

> offered this good idea:

>

> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on

> a certain day campaign that was going around last April

> or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because

> they knew we wouldn't

> continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It

> was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem

> for them. BUT,whoever

> thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can

> really work.

>

> Please read it and join in!

>

> Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have

> conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is

> CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them

> that BUYERS control the market place

> not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each

> day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we

> are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we

> hit someone in the pocket by not

> purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT

> hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

>

> For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from

> the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO

> and BP.

>

>

> If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined

> to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the

> other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an

> impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP

> petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

>

> Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and

> I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of

> people!!

>

> I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you

> send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and

> those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =

> 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the

> message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will

> have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those

> three million get excited and

> pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people

> will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,

> you guessed it... ..

>

> THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

>

> Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

> That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all

> that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten

> more people within one day of receipt,

> all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted

> within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a

> difference . If this makes

> sense to you, please pass this message on.

>

> PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p

> a LITRE RANGE

>

> It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email,

> and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys,

> Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

xx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links