Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Change

knightrider

:thumbsup: does anyone else have problems going into 1st and 2nd gear its ruining my driving,?

any replys will be much appreciated

cheers

lee

are you going up or down the box when this happens? i've not heard of it in the lower gears but occasionally i have difficulty getting 4th in mine, going down from 5th but i think thats more my driving than the car, ooops :D maybe you aren't dipping the clutch quite enough, i had thus trouble with some dodgy car mats that i brought. maybe its this thats causing the problem.....

don't be heavy handed....I've found this is a problem with the Yaris if any downward pressure is applied, if you just use a few fingers against the shifter, she's a lot smoother, rather than full hands on.

I've advised this before... and apparently it did the trick.

vipes.

I keep on grinding the gears cos I get lazy and put the clutch half way down and take it off halfway through changing gear. Dosent half wake you up though :eek:

:arrgg-matey: ;) i have the same 2nd & 3rd but have a small clutch i think that is why friend of mine yaris has a huge push dont no if mine is s**ged would like to know

I keep on grinding the gears cos I get lazy and put the clutch half way down and take it off halfway through changing gear. Dosent half wake you up though :eek:

tell me bout it

'if ya cant find it grind it'

:ffs:

sorted gettin a modified gear linkage from ma dealer and gettin a courtesy car (they offered me one) :o

all under warranty

:D im wel chuffed :D

make sure you are not going too fast for the gear and try to double clutch

try to put it in gear, take it out of gear, lift clutch (AKA coasting) then put it back into gear, that should work, this happens cos the gears are not lined up properly

I keep on grinding the gears cos I get lazy and put the clutch half way down and take it off halfway through changing gear. Dosent half wake you up though  :eek:

tell me bout it

'if ya cant find it grind it'

:ffs:

Yep.... same problem here guys!!!

Its unbelievable how people come across the same problems.......

try to put it in gear, take it out of gear, lift clutch (AKA coasting) then put it back into gear, that should work, this happens cos the gears are not lined up properly

There's no need to double clutch unless your driving a semi truck

That's what synchromesh is for...gears not lined up??? The teeth will not grind as the gears which are trying to mesh have been "synchronised" or made to turn at the same speed to that when they engage, there will not be any speed difference between them and they will just slide quietly together

All forward gears are synched. that's why when your going backwords...you can easily engage first, but if your moveing forwards, then your always going to crunch the gears when engaging reverse.

Vipes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links