Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry Newbie To Bore You

midlifelwtv2

I have A 1998 Colorado 3.0 Diesel. Previously owned a Range Rover 4.0 whihc blew up and decided to go for stability. Had the Landcruiser for about 6 months and cant fault it apart from:

MPG - it does about 25 on a run and 20 about town - thought it would be better - is that average?

Rear suspension makes my teeth rattle when going over a bump - I know I had air suspension on the landrover but are they all as harsh or is it time for new shocks?

Tyre Pressures - anyone advise please?

Cambelt - is it an easy diy job or is it best left to professionals - never touched a Toyota before.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

I have A 1998 Colorado 3.0 Diesel. Previously owned a Range Rover 4.0 whihc blew up and decided to go for stability. Had the Landcruiser for about 6 months and cant fault it apart from:

MPG - it does about 25 on a run and 20 about town - thought it would be better - is that average?

Rear suspension makes my teeth rattle when going over a bump - I know I had air suspension on the landrover but are they all as harsh or is it time for new shocks?

Cambelt - is it an easy diy job or is it best left to professionals - never touched a Toyota before.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum i was in the samish situation as you having just sold my Rangie classic 3.9 lpg and buying my first ever L/C i loved my Rangie but lpg and rust was getting a pain :( Anyway back to the L/C if your engine is a 1KZ-TE which i suspect it is look on top of the engine it will be in BIG letters ? if it is then doing the cambelt is a piece of urine to do :D I had a lot of encouragement from other L/C owners on the forum and the OTHER forum they are all a very cheerful helpful bunch just ask away i did my c.belt in just over 40mins i think. I have had my L/C about two months now and other than the mpg i love it i average 20mpg around town i have had 28+mpg on a run to Devon doing 70-80mph so not too bad really. I keep my tyre pressures up to 30psi like my old Rangie but that is just for my convenience i have heard you can go higher which i may do in time i agree with the bumpy ride not like the Rangie is it eh best of luck with your new tank ;)

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum i was in the samish situation as you having just sold my Rangie classic 3.9 lpg and buying my first ever L/C i loved my Rangie but lpg and rust was getting a pain :( Anyway back to the L/C if your engine is a 1KZ-TE which i suspect it is look on top of the engine it will be in BIG letters ? if it is then doing the cambelt is a piece of urine to do :D I had a lot of encouragement from other L/C owners on the forum and the OTHER forum they are all a very cheerful helpful bunch just ask away i did my c.belt in just over 40mins i think. I have had my L/C about two months now and other than the mpg i love it i average 20mpg around town i have had 28+mpg on a run to Devon doing 70-80mph so not too bad really. I keep my tyre pressures up to 30psi like my old Rangie but that is just for my convenience i have heard you can go higher which i may do in time i agree with the bumpy ride not like the Rangie is it eh best of luck with your new tank ;)

Thanks for that Chaz

I think my tyres are at 38 so perhaps thats not helping. It goes like a steam train and would have beaten my P38 V8 easily. I looked at getting a diesel P38 but it was just sooooooo slow and agricultural. If the toyota engione and gearbox could be put in a RR body now that would be a nice cross breed.

Tin hat on!

Tony

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that Chaz

I think my tyres are at 38 so perhaps thats not helping. It goes like a steam train and would have beaten my P38 V8 easily. I looked at getting a diesel P38 but it was just sooooooo slow and agricultural. If the toyota engione and gearbox could be put in a RR body now that would be a nice cross breed.

Tin hat on!

Tony

Yes they are quite fast compared even compared to my lpg'd V8 Rangie but i do miss the burble/roar of the V8 but i have still got my SD1 EFI V8 in me garage for that he :D he :D I have fitted a straight through mid exh box (see my previous posts) on my L/C welding is a bit of a mess but it does sound quite throaty now almost like a V8 yeah right :rolleyes: but it does sound much better :) I am now looking into bioderv production got me own reactor but still sourcing a reg supply of waste veg oil then i'm off :lol: (very interesting the yota lump in a RR i once fitted an Isuzu 2.8 into a Rangie auto much quicker than a 300tdi i can tell you )

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that Chaz

Tin hat on!

Tony

Yes they are quite fast compared even compared to my lpg'd V8 Rangie but i do miss the burble/roar of the V8 but i have still got my SD1 EFI V8 in me garage for that he :D he :D I have fitted a straight through mid exh box (see my previous posts) on my L/C welding is a bit of a mess but it does sound quite throaty now almost like a V8 yeah right :rolleyes: but it does sound much better :) I am now looking into bioderv production got me own reactor but still sourcing a reg supply of waste veg oil then i'm off :lol: (very interesting the yota lump in a RR i once fitted an Isuzu 2.8 into a Rangie auto much quicker than a 300tdi i can tell you )

Shush dont tell anyone on this forum but I also have a 1974 Lightweight (2.25 petrol) which is my weekend mistress!!

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that Chaz

Tin hat on!

Tony

Shush dont tell anyone on this forum but I also have a 1974 Lightweight (2.25 petrol) which is my weekend mistress!!

Its in ya blood mate i still got a Rangie on me drive :D

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that Chaz

Tin hat on!

Tony

Its in ya blood mate i still got a Rangie on me drive :D

Tony you have a private message ;)