Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt Carbon Fibre Bonnet

pavlitos

I had my C-ONE GT Carbon Bonnet fitted yesterday, and I have to say that I'm still getting used to whether I like it or not.... where my car is silver, I don't know if i like the contrast with the dark bonnet. If it was painted it would never look right, as the texture of the bonnet would not allow a smoothe finish.

I'll post photos once Xmas is over with, and you can let me know what you think.

I know that the car will get more attention now, but don't think that everyone is going to like it somehow!

Ah well, being an individual is what counts I spose (although being laughed wouldn't be too funny LOL) :thumbsup:

Pav

Hey at the end of the day pavlitos if it put's a smile on your face mate that's all what matters at the end of the day :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Yeh interested to see how that looks.

I think you'll still get Kudos for having a Carbon bonnet even if it looked :censor: !! Not that I think it will - I like the C-One bonnet.

I know what you mean about the silver though - the photos I've seen are on a Thunder Grey TS - the SR Silver is VERY bright.

Get those photos posted!! :)

i have heard tell of a c.f bonnet with red tint - does any one no if there is such a thing and where can i sign up for one?

you can get em where a pigment is added to the carbon fibre when its being made

custom job tho an not cheap!

Waiting for photos to be developed (old tech camera!) as they are being slow due to christmas period.

May borrow my bros digital camera and upload a rough picky tomorrow.

Am liking it more now, and definitely like the fact that it's a real carbon fibre bonnet, not like the black painted effort that i saw some guy in a red nova had attempted...!

I won't have it painted as I could always sell it on here, if ever I should need to sell my car - as let's face it, you wouldn't sell a Yaris unless you really needed to, right?!

Yes Cooperman (Ian), I'm still on the island until Sunday - hols have passed by too quickly unfortunately - maybe you'll see me out and about over the weekend.

Cheers,

Pav

OH.... and Happy New Year everyone - I hope to meet loads of you at the JAE in the summer.

Just to let you know that I posted a couple of photos of my car with the GT bonnet on page 77 of Members Motors in the Club Gallery.

Cheers

Pav :thumbsup:

Now that's what i call a bonnet mate :drool: Very nicely done mate. I bet that cost a few :crybaby:

jerry!!

i have heard tell of a c.f bonnet with red tint - does any one no if there is such a thing and where can i sign up for one?

The guys at Pro-Comp have done carbon fibre bonnets with a red tint to them But one off work is very very expensive and Russ is usually snowed under with work.

Simon :thumbsup:

Very smart

Can u give an idea of how much it cost and fitting?

did u get it shipped or can u get them within the uk?

was it custom??

cheers

CB

Nice bonnet!!!!

Did you notice anything from the weight saving?

OLI

It weighs virtually nothing, and I have to say (although may have been imagining it!) that I felt a bit of difference in handling....

CHRIS B

I ordered it from the TUNEACAR website which then ordered it direct from C-ONE in Japan. Due to the fact that they make them sporadically, I had to wait about 3 or 4 months for it to be ready, after having paid 600 at end of July. TUNEACAR then went on to send it on to my parents address after I specifically asked them to send it to my own address, and so I couldn't have it fitted until Christmas!! If you're prepared to deal with the delays and incompetence of the whole procedure then be my guest, but can't say that I was too chuffed with the service I recieved.

yaristpot

Happy New Year mate - can't believe it took so long to arrive, but am pleased with it now I've had time to get used to it. Still looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh tho. May have to stop my modifications for a while tho, or risk my girlfriend kicking me in places that are gonna hurt!

Cheers again for your comments

Pav :group-cuddles:

a sore sack wont stop ya moddin tho surely!

lookin ace mate (again!)

:thumbsup:

looks the dogs danglies pav....... sorry didnt get to see it in the flesh(carbon) so to speak, maybe when your back down again..i want one on me t-sport, guess i have to wait till next christmas :thumbsup:

a sore sack wont stop ya moddin tho surely!

lookin ace mate (again!)

:thumbsup:

Do you want to bet?? Done correctly you will be out for weeks mate :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links