Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying An Auris

Cold-Fusion

Just to add my 2 pence worth after buying my Auris 3 months ago, I was after a T180 with satnav.

I looked at local dealers and to get what I wanted was going to be anywhere from £16000 to £18000. After looking on the net I decide to go further a field and started ringing round dealers nationally. I had at one point 4 dealers all ringing me back with new deals. At this point I had the price down to £14000, after a bit more bartering I settled on a Black T180 07 plate with satnav, 7000 miles for £13200 from a toyota dealer 250 miles away. I did mention the distance to collect so though kindly offered to deliver free of charge if I bought it.

I put a deposit on the car and it was sold subject to viewing the Auris and them viewing my 05 Corolla TSport. got the car delivered and the driver drove mine back. Paid for the car over the phone. The car is excellent and obviously has the remainder of the warrenty.

So after ringing around it would seem dealers are prepared to discount, I saved aprox £3000 for my efforts, got the car I wanted.

For me it was worth a few phone calls and even if i had to collect would still be quids in.

My advice would be to ring round and get the deal you want, as said if they want to sell they will discount.

The comment about Toyotas holding there money which is why they wont discount is nonsense, Toyotas depreciate quickly, ive had 2 Tsports a Verso, a Corolla SR and now an Auris and they all shed money quickly. The Auris I have now would have been £20000 new with the sat nav, 1 year on I paid £13200 for it. That to me is not holding money well. Although I do like toyotas.

Discount is only something that can be discussed at the time closer to purchase, there are many factors that influence a discount and how much that is, the words discount and Toyota dont fit well with me. It almost devalues the creditibility in Toyota if the cars are discounted too much, Toyota is not a discount product.

Don't believe that load of old tosh - just a sales ploy to make you think you are getting something 'exclusive'. I'd avoid any dealer with that attitude or philosophy. Too much of that around as it is in rip off Britain. Good products can usually still be had at a discount so always haggle. Almost any product is a discount product. It depends on supply and demand - if the dealer needs to sell they will discount. If they can sell all they can get and are left wanting by the manufacturer they probably won't discount. I doubt that Toyota are in that position currently with the Auris!

I want to ignore your comments, but i can't. You dont know what your talking about though.

well i'd like to ignore your comments, sales thing, but i can't... GEOFFB has an excellent point, and offers sound advice.

I speak from bitter experience in that i payed top dollar for my car, without a penny discount, and knowing what i now know, will never ever pay full asking price for a car, simply because a particular dealer refuses to budge on price, next time i'll let my feet do the talking, and walk...

TO further back up my point i would advise COLD-FUSION to look up the topic of GOOD PRICE FOR NEW AURIS, started by ON BOARD TRAINING back in april, on page 3 of this forum, around 18 topics down the page ;)

Got £2000 off my new Auris back in January. I told the dealer the best price I had been offered, he matched it, so I was happy to deal with him.

It's not only cars. two years ago I got £1300 discounted from my Yamaha motorcycle, last year I got £1200 off my wife's Honda motorcycle, and this month I got £750 knocked off my sons Suzuki.

I NEVER pay full price, only people with too much money or those who get suckered into paying full price do. :thumbsup:

well i certainly don't have too much money , but am certainly a sucker... CORRECTION.. was

well i certainly don't have too much money , but am certainly a sucker... CORRECTION.. was

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.............I learn't the hard ( expensive ) way!!! :thumbsup:

Dealers are there to do exactly that............DEAL. :D

I have used Motorline Group for the past 20 years. I bought an ex dem auris last year and previously a yaris through Drivethe deal, when the dealers discount was laughable.

Pleased to discuss if you wish to contact me.

Discount is only something that can be discussed at the time closer to purchase, there are many factors that influence a discount and how much that is, the words discount and Toyota dont fit well with me. It almost devalues the creditibility in Toyota if the cars are discounted too much, Toyota is not a discount product.

Don't believe that load of old tosh - just a sales ploy to make you think you are getting something 'exclusive'. I'd avoid any dealer with that attitude or philosophy. Too much of that around as it is in rip off Britain. Good products can usually still be had at a discount so always haggle. Almost any product is a discount product. It depends on supply and demand - if the dealer needs to sell they will discount. If they can sell all they can get and are left wanting by the manufacturer they probably won't discount. I doubt that Toyota are in that position currently with the Auris!

I want to ignore your comments, but i can't. You dont know what your talking about though.

well i'd like to ignore your comments, sales thing, but i can't... GEOFFB has an excellent point, and offers sound advice.

I speak from bitter experience in that i payed top dollar for my car, without a penny discount, and knowing what i now know, will never ever pay full asking price for a car, simply because a particular dealer refuses to budge on price, next time i'll let my feet do the talking, and walk...

TO further back up my point i would advise COLD-FUSION to look up the topic of GOOD PRICE FOR NEW AURIS, started by ON BOARD TRAINING back in april, on page 3 of this forum, around 18 topics down the page ;)

Fundamentally, the two points I have made are:

Toyota is, per se, a discount product and it wouldn't, in my view anyway, be a sensible business strategy to treat it otherwise. The actual amount of discount available in individual cases - as demonstrated by others here, and as also helpfully explained by Parts-King - will vary according to model/variant supply and demand and other factors relevant to the particular buyer at the time; and

I'm afraid I do wonder about all dealers being in it for the long haul given the way some treat their customers. That some are less customer focussed than they should be is a fact. But that doesn't mean that there aren't excellent Toyota dealers out there - there clearly are :thumbsup:

That was it really :blink:

Great. if you can find a dealer willing to shed loads of money of a car, thats good for you.

Every Successful business survives from being profitable. Every customer who buys a car from me and my collegues gets some sort of a deal and walks away happy. You don't have to discount a car by thousands to have satisfied customers.

Every dealer has pre-reg models or exdemos which can could save you a bundle off the price of a new one, its hardly the deal of the century if you happen to find a dealer with one of these cars that you just happen to be looking for.

Fundamentally, the two points I have made are:

Toyota is, per se, a discount product and it wouldn't, in my view anyway, be a sensible business strategy to treat it otherwise. The actual amount of discount available in individual cases - as demonstrated by others here, and as also helpfully explained by Parts-King - will vary according to model/variant supply and demand and other factors relevant to the particular buyer at the time; and

I'm afraid I do wonder about all dealers being in it for the long haul given the way some treat their customers. That some are less customer focussed than they should be is a fact. But that doesn't mean that there aren't excellent Toyota dealers out there - there clearly are :thumbsup:

That was it really :blink:

Very well put, GEOFFB,.. brilliant :clap:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.............I learn't the hard ( expensive ) way!!! :thumbsup:

Dealers are there to do exactly that............DEAL. :D

Thats OK Phil, none taken, and anyways, everyones entitled to their opinions, its just that some of the vested interests, get up my nose, with their biased one sided opinions..... not all just some :crazy:

I'm now stuck on whether to get a diesel or a petrol, I do about 12,000 miles a year with a 60/40 split in terms of motorway/commuting driving respectively.

If i get the petrol i can afford a T-Spirit, if i get a diesel only a TR - the tax is cheaper with the diesel but the insurance is more.

Don't know what to do

Help :P

I am a petrol TR owner so perhaps biased, saw an article recently that said based on 10 or 12 000 miles (can't remember) on current fuel prices - diesel fuel more expensive , there is a saving with a diesel of £57 !

I'm now stuck on whether to get a diesel or a petrol, I do about 12,000 miles a year with a 60/40 split in terms of motorway/commuting driving respectively.

If i get the petrol i can afford a T-Spirit, if i get a diesel only a TR - the tax is cheaper with the diesel but the insurance is more.

Don't know what to do

Have you test driven anything yet ?.

If not why don't you test drive both , and make your mind up on how the petrol driven version performs over the diesel

Its also possible to book a 48hr test drive, where you get to take the car home for two days .

anyway what ever you decide, goodluck :thumbsup:

Don't know what to do

If not why don't you test drive both , and make your mind up on how the petrol driven version performs over the diesel

Its also possible to book a 48hr test drive, where you get to take the car home for two days .

I have test driven both in truth and I believe the article doobs is referring to is on What Car?. In terms of the performance i think id be happy with either and i guess i am slowly edging towards the petrol because i know if i got a Diesel TR id always be wishing i had got a T-Spirit.

Don't know what to do

I have test driven both in truth and I believe the article doobs is referring to is on What Car?. In terms of the performance i think id be happy with either and i guess i am slowly edging towards the petrol because i know if i got a Diesel TR id always be wishing i had got a T-Spirit.

Yes, but look at the world markets - diesel in bulk has come down in price over the past weeks - almost 9p per litre. This will soon be passed on to the consumer (or around 4p of it will) so in real terms, the diesel/petrol differential will reduce by about 4p from the current 13p.

Look here http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/47184/...-petrol-prices-

Additionally, the diesel will be worth more come trade in time :thumbsup:

Andy