Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Underseat Sub - Fitted

Always have the Phase switch on normal. This switch switches the polarity of the Speakers for different box configuations such as two subs facing each other. For one of the subs you would set the phase to reverse and then the subs will push air in the same direction.

Or as in this picture

fiberglass.jpg

The subs are facing different directions and so the one on the left needs its phase switched.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BadBoyVTEC

• MARKO2

• Jan van de Wouw

• Lister2020

Phase should be normal. LPF to ON. And put frequency up until you think it sounds good.

Nearly sorted-one last question. How much bass should be set on the headunit? My bass can be set between -7 and +7 on the headunit. Should it be on 0 for best results with the sub or should I experiment and trust it to my ears?

Keep it lower than 0 I would say to get the best sound for the front Speakers as with the standard headunit this does not have a crossover for these.

It also depends on your amp. I think I used to have mine on -2.

• 9 years later...

Hi big_boz

Yeah I have just bought a in-phase usw-8 under seat sub and wondered we here I run the wires for it?? Are they easy to do? I did for one in my smart car I had but that was all right there to fit even the Battery was under passages floor.

On 5/23/2008 at 5:40 PM, big_boz said:

Anyone thinking of fitting an underseat sub, i just bought and fitted a Mutant MT5AS E-bay item number: 250248516766. Collected this is £55 and if you know what your doing should take no more than an hour to fit.

Link to Mutant website: http://www.mutant.uk.com/products/enclosur...enclosures.html

Highly recommended and sounds much better than you would expect for the money and is smaller than the Pioneer underseat sub that i was also considering at over twice the price.

If you want any advice on fitting let me know.

Are they easy to fit? I have an aygo 2008 just wondered where to run the cables.