Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someone Somewhere...

bmxnbrothaman

has got to be able to help me out. I've been touring the internet for a while now, Paseopimp.com (my native site), Tercel Online, BYP, ELprototypes, Toysport, all these places, and no one knows. Is there a way to fabricate a Paseo's EGR on a 5e-fhe intake manifold? I need to have a EGR to pass california emissions, but JDM engines don't have EGRs, so I would have to cut and weld, or cut and custom make a bracket or something, I don't know what, but does anyone know if it's at all possible to fabricate something for the EGR like that? If anyone reading this has a cynos and a digital camera, you can help me out just by taking a picture of your intake manifold on the throttle body side.

Thank you very much.

Peace,

T-Web

hmmm, must have posted thi after i left PIMP...

not to knowledgable on the old engine side so point me in the best place to take the photo & ill nip out today for you...

J

excellent, thank you. Alright, let's see if I can explain this well enough, I'm not that great with directions. Okay, the picture I need is of the intake manifold, on what should be your passanger side, my drivers side. It will be the side with the throttle body, so the air intake may be in the way. Down where the intake manifold joins the head, where the intake manifold is practacally going horizontal, (after the bend) this is the area I need to see. There is an EGR there in the USDM engines, but of course there's not going to be one in the JDM version, but what I need to see is what IS there, so I can see if the thing that the JDM engines have to replace it would be close enough that I can make it fit, or if there's something blocking the area I may have to drill into, or if there's absolutly nothing there, in which case I'll be able to cut and weld. So yeah, if you could get me a picture of the intake manifold, on the throttle body side, down near where it meets the head, that would be great. Thanks man,

peace

you should find that if the us 5E-FHE then the JDM will have the provision for it in the castind. all you should have to do is drill/machine it out. i base this on the fact that the JDM 3S-GTE has the same manifold as the uk but without the drillings for the egr system :thumbsup:

yeah, that's exactally what I'm thinking, but I want to see if anything might complicate that. are you saying that there should actually be a place to put it though for sure? Because these aren't exactally 2 of the same manifolds, one has the acoustically tuned injection or whatever, and the other is the boring USDM. it actually does look differant come to think of it, the top of the manifold where the throttle body joins is bigger on the JDM one than the USDM

point me in the best place to take the photo & ill nip out today for you...

um, still on this brothaman?

Sorry bro - been slightly ****** over the past couple of days....

ill nip out today or tomoz with my Digicam & get some snaps...

J

ah, not exactally a merry christmas then? That sucks. You can do the pic thing whenever you get a minute.

****** here in the UK means Drunk :thumbsup:

Word? Hum... interesting. So a very merry christmas then? Or are you an angry drunk, lol? My friend got a digicam for christmas, so let me take a demo shot of what I'm looking for before you take the picture, so that way I can be sure I only have you doing something once, and you'll have some time to sober up, lol.

nope - i got VERY drunk over xmas....

bottle of samboca

2 big bottles of Smernoff Silver.

god knows how many cans of carling.

couple of blue wkd's

ummm, got a bit hazey after that :lol:

Cars coming out for me to fit new brake pads tomorrow,

ill get the pick then.....

J

Cimg0048.jpg

5efhe passenger side

Cimg0040.jpg

5efhe Heatshield passenger

Cimg0042.jpg

let me know if this is in the right area - if what you need isnt there point me in the direction & ill take more snaps.

J

hum, I see these attatchments work differantly than they do at pimp. anyway, okay, by the looks of it, it would be an SOB to make a 5e-fhe intake manifold work with an EGR, but I may be able to. I've decided to just say screw it, I'll take the risk, and if it doen't work, than I can use the USDM manifold, but that will cut down on my power gain because of the acoustically tuned injection or whatever it is that makes the J-Spec manifold special. I'll just have to hope for the best, I think I may be able to do it, and if not, well, at least I still have a newer engine.

um he thinks it's the clutch or clutch master cylinder? and I think the shift linkage is on the back of the tranny. Must be either the master cylinder or slave cylinder, but that's not on the USDM Seos... interesting

lol - well shows how much i dont know bout engines....

going back to collage this year to learn so should be fun :P

J

lol, turns out it is on my tranny, I can't believe I never noticed it. It's got to be either the clutch master cylinder or clutch slave cylinder. I'm pretty sure it's the latter, since you fill your clutch fluid by the firewall.