Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Release Bearings

cjongrey

Whilst our Yaris was in the garage to establish the cause of the coubik rattle (see previous Air Filter Housing posting), they said <by the way, your clutch release bearings need lubricating>. That sounds like it shouldn't be too expensive I thought. Best part of £300 they said. Are dry clutch release bearings a known issue for Yarii?

CJ on Grey

Whilst our Yaris was in the garage to establish the cause of the coubik rattle (see previous Air Filter Housing posting), they said <by the way, your clutch release bearings need lubricating>. That sounds like it shouldn't be too expensive I thought. Best part of £300 they said. Are dry clutch release bearings a known issue for Yarii?

CJ on Grey

This part should last the life time of the complete clutch.

Its non lubricating. Only way to get at it is gearbox out.

Some times you can give it a squirt of lub through a hole but you then risk getting some lub on the clutch, not good.

I have known some noisy bearing last for thousands of miles, they just make a noise.

Dont slip the clutch so much in future.....

R

it`s resting your foot on the clutch pedal all the time that wears clutch bearings out normaly ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links