Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fk Coilovers

Paul Gi

Cool! Er anybody speak German? I have no idea what it says :D

I wonder what they are doing about the rear axle? Removing the separate spring and combining that with the strut?

Paul.

Cool! Er anybody speak German? I have no idea what it says :D

I wonder what they are doing about the rear axle? Removing the separate spring and combining that with the strut?

Paul.

Dunno what they're doing about that however i am only assuming it will fit. I went onto the FK Automotive website and they list 1 type of coilovers for the Citroen C1 yet about 3 or 4 more for the Peugeot 107 - i thought all 3 city bugs shared the same chassis/suspension set up? :wacko:

Obviously the Strut Tower Bar you see should fit but i shall have a look under me car either today or tomorrow and have a wee look for myself what the rear set-up is like...

Looks like for the C1 FK are offering coilovers for the front and uprated dampers only for the rear.

For the 107 they seem to have a full set of coilovers front and rear.

I guess the C1 kit would certainly fit the Aygo as is, and could also be pretty good. I've heard the opinion that the rear TTE springs on the Aygo are optimal length and it just needs a stiffer damper.

Just from the pictures, it doesn't look like there's any adjustment on the damper and maybe only spring preload on the front coilovers. Could still be a useful kit, though, and 649 euros would be quite a nice price if the pound wasn't so beaten up at the moment :D

Paul.

I just took a look on that site and it doesn't say anywhere that they use coilovers in the rear.

The DO mention uprated dampers for the rear and the picture looks like a stock-photo.

And near to none of the sets are in stock: the blue squares mean they cannot deliver them at this time...

I'm fairly happy with the suspension on my Aygo; true there is a fair amount of body roll but due to the low weight up front it doesn't wallow into understeer for a large margin even on the standard 155 tyres. What is needed though is a better steering rack with more bite into the corner. The steering at present takes a fairly large movement to get it to point in and so is pretty indecisive.

Anyone found any mods for the steering to correct this?

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I had an e-mail conversation with FK Automotive today.

No you can't use any 107 or C1 parts on the Aygo. Didn't say why.

If it isn't on the web site (there are no Aygo suspension parts listed) they don't stock it.

I don't know if they actually make the parts or if they are just retailers. The search continues.

Paul.

No you can't use any 107 or C1 parts on the Aygo. Didn't say why.

Probably because they haven't tested and/or certiefied the parts for those cars.

And as such they can't say you CAN fit them for liability issues (just my guess)...

The running gear on all three is EXACTLY the same; a guy on the Dutch Citybug forum had an Aygo

with a defective rear axle, which he replaced with the axle of a 107 with front damage. Fit perfectly...

Well if these FK ones don't fit then i have another back up contact who might be able to help pending on his answer of course

Watch this space ;)

• 2 years later...

Thought i'd resurrect an old thread...

FK Automotive Coilovers are available right now for the little bug, direct from FK Automotive. You have the choice of the following: -

FK Silverline - £578.80

or

FK Highsport - £488.48

As far as the website lists them, they are both non-adjustable and provide feck all facts like lowering heights or even the difference between 2 non-adjustable coilover sets however i do see that the only difference i can manage is that the Silverline is Stainless Steel and the Highsport kit is just Steel coilovers. I wouldnt have thought the difference between the two would be differentiated due to the material??

Prices quoted are correct as of 12/07/10 @ 21:28 as prices are calculated at Exchange rates at mentioned time

*EDIT*

I emailed K Sport regarding Coilover fabrication and i quote "This is something the factory are not interested in"

I really want some coilovers but i would like to know how much they would lower the car by and how good they are ect before i buy.

I really want some coilovers but i would like to know how much they would lower the car by and how good they are ect before i buy.

Either kit will lower the car between 30-100mm, the only difference is the type of steel used for the shock absorber, with the latter containing s/s locking rings (anyone care to enlighten me what these are for?)

Either way i'm gonna take the plunge and get the cheaper set as the other set are mainly for show cars (due to the stainless steel - all quotes taken from website!)

Ill see how yours look before purchasing some myself :P

Well if you're gonna be coming along to JAE this year then you'll be able to see the kitted Aygo in person - i intend to have them fitted before i make the trek down to JAE... Along with a set of Rota alloys fitted as well ;-)

with the latter containing s/s locking rings (anyone care to enlighten me what these are for?)

Those will be the adjustable spring seats that allow you to adjust the corner weights (ride height for those unconcerned with fine tuning the handling)