Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How The Hell...

maddatta

As above, drivers side lamp has blown. Many cut and bruised knuckles later and I still can't get at it to remove the lamp. Do I have to take the headlight unit out of the body? Does it slide forward or something or what? Don't have a service manual and can't find a Haynes manual for the T Sport so can anyone throw me a bone here?

Thanks

Dan

As above, drivers side lamp has blown. Many cut and bruised knuckles later and I still can't get at it to remove the lamp. Do I have to take the headlight unit out of the body? Does it slide forward or something or what? Don't have a service manual and can't find a Haynes manual for the T Sport so can anyone throw me a bone here?

Thanks

Dan

luckily i havent had any bulbs go in 4 years.had a look - bloody tight. i had the drivers side headlight changed under warranty and the fitter took the light out without removing the front bumper - he managed to nick the paint but not so you could see. when he put the light back in it wouldnt sit right. the front bumper had to come off.......

you dont have to take the headlight out, its just a very tight!

I have changed mine twice :(

There is instructions in the back of the owners manual in the 'do it yourself' section

Good luck :thumbsup:

There is instructions in the back of the owners manual in the 'do it yourself' section

we know how to change bulbs - he cant get his hand in! if you got big hands you'd be stuffed by the looks of it. long nose pliers would help.......

its a royal pain in the *****. i took my to toyota in the end to get them to do it. the main problem i had was gettin the connector off the back off the bulb. when i went to toyota they just undid the clip and pulled hte bulb out with the wire harness connected. and ive done it myself twice like that since and it seems to work lol. just be careful not to break the bulb as u remove it

Car didn't have the owners manual with it... think I got shafted there...

you can disconnect the abs pump. that'll give you more space.

Bit excessive for changing a lamp don't you think but I'll give it a go :thumbsup:

its a royal pain in the *****. i took my to toyota in the end to get them to do it. the main problem i had was gettin the connector off the back off the bulb. when i went to toyota they just undid the clip and pulled hte bulb out with the wire harness connected. and ive done it myself twice like that since and it seems to work lol. just be careful not to break the bulb as u remove it

I thought about doing that but couldn't get my fingers in to get the retaining clip off. Asked my better half to do it and she pulled the side light out... bless her.

Cheers chaps I'll give it round 2 tomorrow :thumbsup:

you can disconnect the abs pump. that'll give you more space.

i looked at that - only couple of bolts holding the bracket for it. is there enough give in the pipes though? certainly a quick and ungrazed way if there's a bit of flex. your install looks like its going well - really liked the CAD assisted button install. cant fault good workmanship :thumbsup:

I can change this bulb for you in around 30 seconds, had a run of failures last winter so am now quite proficient at keeping all my digits.

Will do it for a fiver! :thumbsup:

i called out the rac thanks to having club toyota....they have a no refusal policy ie if you call they send somebody out

rac man had some type of fancy tool that allowed him to do it in about 30 secs.

otherwise it would have been right pain in the butt

i called out the rac thanks to having club toyota....they have a no refusal policy ie if you call they send somebody out

i couldnt begin to imagine the shame of that :lol:

i couldnt begin to imagine the shame of that :lol:

I would happily let the Mrs make the call and when the bloke turns up i will be hiding behind the couch :lol:

And whens its done i'll say i did it :yahoo:

I would happily let the Mrs make the call and when the bloke turns up i will be hiding behind the couch :lol:

And whens its done i'll say i did it :yahoo:

:laughing: your a star mate

i called em cos i got fat hands lol

and i only did it cos i sell car insurance and breakdown cover at work and knew you could call em for changing a wheel, which ive seen quite a few blokes on roadside gettin wheels changed.

wouldn say was any shame id say more like knowing whats covered and getting my monies worth and reading small print

any of you guys had a flatty the tsport alloys are nightmare to gett off if they corroded round the hub

i called em cos i got fat hands lol

and i only did it cos i sell car insurance and breakdown cover at work and knew you could call em for changing a wheel, which ive seen quite a few blokes on roadside gettin wheels changed.

wouldn say was any shame id say more like knowing whats covered and getting my monies worth and reading small print

any of you guys had a flatty the tsport alloys are nightmare to gett off if they corroded round the hub

proper maintenance stops that! you can call breakdown for anything. i used to have the habit of locking me keys in the car pre keyfob days - same fella came out twice in a month.

some breakdown providers can be proper a**y!

some of them are a bit on the expensivce side to join as well. ive had 3 toyotas and bulb changing on all of them is a pain to get your hand were u need to be

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links