Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blob Watch-rav

chatman

Before I had the hills to contend with, It used to be the M25/M3 for 100 miles a day. Sure wouldn't swap the hills for that :D

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fujisan

• Hoovie

• chatman

• local hero

Made some notes during fill-ups:

* 1/4 tank mark is bang-on 15 litres (that is, 15 litres used up)

* 1/2 tank mark is actually 28 litres

* 3/4 tank mark is actually 40 litres.

T180 is managing 45mpg on careful driving (55-65mph); otherwise I'm averaging 40mpg.

And the on-board computer seems to be pretty accurate.

Right...here we go....reached the 3/4 mark on the way to IKEA :P at ...........390 miles! (20 miles more than this point on the last blob watch) :yahoo::yahoo:

I've been trying to resist saying this for a while Fuj, but can do so no longer. SACK MISS DAISY - SHE HAS A LEAD FOOT :lol:

Must be her over-sized puddle-buster's!! :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, it's good stuff really, you seem to be getting there :thumbsup: Next target - you've got to break that 400 mile barrier at 3/4 mark :yes: I'm doing about 410 to 420ish at 3/4 at the moment. Of course, everybody will be different - what's possible is all dependant on where, when and how we are driving.

Thanks for the encouragement, it's always good to have targets to aim for. :thumbsup:

I'll be honest, I'm very happy with the situation at the moment, when I think back just 18 months ago with the X3, I'm now saving money on fuel, hand over fist! :yahoo: But then again, in the X3 I was showing boy-racers in their GTi's and VXR's a clean pair of heels!! :lol::lol::lol:

I think you're right about where and when and how. Has I have said before 80% or more of my miles is on the motorway and while I'm quite happy to cruise along at 60 mph when it is quiet (..........I think I remember it quiet once..... :unsure: ), I do feel a bit happier at 65 mph during the morning and evening rushes, especially when the HGV's are nose to tail for the length of the inside lane.

So with all that in mind, I'm very happy with my 40+ mpg, if I can get it close to 45+ mpg so much the better. :D

A late blob watch report.......sorry, to busy, haven't been able to get near a PC, either at work or at home for days :blink:

Ok....here we go....a new tank of fuel....and Miss Diasy has been working overtime

....reached the 1/4 tank mark at.........172 miles! :yahoo:

Should reach the 1/2 tank mark within a day or two...will update the scores on the doors then. :thumbsup:

Ok...reached the 1/2 tank mark last night at........285 miles! :yahoo:

Right...here we go....reached the 3/4 mark on the way to IKEA :P at ...........390 miles! (20 miles more than this point on the last blob watch) :yahoo::yahoo:

The end of another Blob watch and the judges verdicts are in.........

465.8 miles :yahoo:

47.79 litres ;)

44.32 mpg :yahoo::yahoo:

The end of another Blob watch and the judges verdicts are in.........

465.8 miles :yahoo:

47.79 litres ;)

44.32 mpg :yahoo::yahoo:

Nice one Fuji..... Keep up the good work...Now who said RAV4 where thirsty planet melting beast ;) ;) :unsure: :unsure: :D :D

Let the wife use the RAV whilst I was in another continent (Manchester) she forgot to A. get receipt of what she put in (yes it was diesel :P ) and B. never reset the trip.

So wait a while before I fill up again to check...but MPG is showing 49.8 at moment ;) ;)

Check the Credit Card Bill :thumbsup: - unless she stocked up on milk and choccys at the same time :)

Check the Credit Card Bill :thumbsup: - unless she stocked up on milk and choccys at the same time :)

Joint bank account :huh: :huh: :huh:

Note to self: Must get bill before wife gets it, following my trip to Manchester :in_love::bash: :bash:

Nice one Fuji..... Keep up the good work...Now who said RAV4 where thirsty planet melting beast ;) ;) :unsure: :unsure: :D :D

Thank you :D

Blobwatch 1 is complete: 283 Miles - 39.88L to brim the tank = 32.1 MPG

Blobwatch 2 completed yesterday: 282 Miles - 40.32L to brim the tank = 31.6 MPG

Now I have Cruise Control fitted, will be interesting to see if that makes a difference :)

The start of yet another Blob Watch :thumbsup:

Reached the 1/4 tank mark yesterday at ........170 miles :D

OK......at the 1/2 tank mark yesterday at.........290 miles :D

Blobwatch 2 is complete: 282 Miles - 40.32L to brim the tank = 31.6 MPG

Blobwatch 3 completed yesterday: 337 Miles - 46.52L to brim the tank = 32.8 MPG :yahoo: :yahoo:

If I ever got to about 330 miles from a tank of petrol before, I would be driving as carefully as possible at that time as the RAV would have been on fumes and the warning light on for last 40 miles. This time I only stopped at 337 to fill up as I saw a handy Shell station at a reasonable (for these times) price. Reckon could have possibly got to 400 miles before I REALLY had to refuel :)

Average since end of May is now 29.8 - Next target is to get overall average over 30mpg :thumbsup:

Blobwatch 3 completed yesterday: 337 Miles - 46.52L to brim the tank = 32.8 MPG :yahoo: :yahoo:

If I ever got to about 330 miles from a tank of petrol before, I would be driving as carefully as possible at that time as the RAV would have been on fumes and the warning light on for last 40 miles. This time I only stopped at 337 to fill up as I saw a handy Shell station at a reasonable (for these times) price. Reckon could have possibly got to 400 miles before I REALLY had to refuel :)

Average since end of May is now 29.8 - Next target is to get overall average over 30mpg :thumbsup:

Nice one Hoovie! :thumbsup:

With the lower cost of petrol, bet you're getting closer and closer to diesel running cost's :unsure:

Now I have Cruise Control fitted, will be interesting to see if that makes a difference :)

Hoovie,

how much use can you make of the cruise control in your daily driving? Does it make a difference to MPG? Does it do a better job than Miss Daisy in her dancing pumps?

Regards

Chris

Hoovie,

how much use can you make of the cruise control in your daily driving? Does it make a difference to MPG? Does it do a better job than Miss Daisy in her dancing pumps?

Regards

Chris

first blobwatches got me 260 miles by 1/4 tank left. For Blob #4, I am on 285 for 1/4 tank left, so on target for another reasonable result. :thumbsup:

Chris, I would say it makes a good difference. I use the Cruise when I get onto the M-Ways and Dual Carriageways and where possible on the A-roads, so a lot really.

I would say it makes a fair difference to the MPG as it changes your driving habits by encouraging relaxation :D

I drove home to Devon from Farnborough (Hants) this afternoon and for the first 50-70 miles don't think I touched the brakes and only touched the accelerator a couple of times when I needed to get past a truck a little faster then cruise speed due to volume of traffic. If the limit changed from 60 to 50, just need to press one button and the speed drops off. when limit back to 60 or 70, press another button and car gently accelerates again to that preset speed. No more having to worry about speed cameras and if your speed has crept up accidently - like I said, just a nice relaxing drive :)

For the total journey of approx 150 miles, cruise was on for at least 125 miles :thumbsup: Cruised at 60mph on M3/A303, maybe got back home 10-15 minutes later then if I tore down the road and don't have an aching right foot anymore :)

Right just filled up today 40.49 litres £53 quid @£130.9ppl

See what I can get out of this tank.....Think Fuji is currently leading the top table list......Need to educate my miss daisy a bit ;) ;)

Got nice round trip down to Hants on Sunday dropping daughter of and friend, for a Horse riding holiday for a week.... :horse: :horse:

Edit: Just seen your sig Hoovie....welcome to the club mate... :driving:

OK......at the 1/2 tank mark yesterday at.........290 miles :D

Right a value for money post: three posts in one! :lol:

Busy day yesterday...managed to bust the 400 miles at the 3/4 mark....JUST :D ......the last 30 miles the needle just hoovered about the mark.

So the official numbers:

3/4 mark reached at 405 miles :yes:

Also filled up yesterday....because I didn't want to be messing about on Sunday evening after work :(

So filled up at 437.1 miles, giving a final figure of 44.24 mpg :D

Just for information: the cost per litre last night at the local Morrison's was 121.9p :yahoo:

EDIT: A/C always on! B) B) :lol:

See what I can get out of this tank.....Think Fuji is currently leading the top table list......Need to educate my miss daisy a bit ;) ;)

Thank you! :thumbsup: I sure there are other undeclared runners and riders who are doing better......to continue the horse-y theme of your post :lol::horse:

Blobwatch 3 completed yesterday: 337 Miles - 46.52L to brim the tank = 32.8 MPG :yahoo::yahoo:

Filled up yesterday - got to 360 before fillup (and was getting a little worried ;) ) - Economy dropped a touch since last fill-up, BUT ..... still better then my average and overall average has finally hit 30.0 mpg :yahoo:

While my RAV was in for the steering mod they loaned me a brand new Auris 2.0 litre diesel thing. I have to say it was horrible and true to it's UK origin had all the hallmarks of an Austin Allegro. I didn't really win my affection when I had to push it out of the station car park because the Battery was dead flat. The following morning I had to push it again and next time I will ask for a 1.4 version which is not so heavy to push (I thought these new cars with push start meant a button to press but now I know what it means I like the turning the key option best).

Anyway I digress. Those flippin' blobs are as good as square Allegro steering wheels. They don't seem to have the same damping as a gauge and one minute there is three and the next there is one flasing and beeping.

I don't like blobs and I don't like push start cars.

While my RAV was in for the steering mod they loaned me a brand new Auris 2.0 litre diesel thing. I have to say it was horrible and true to it's UK origin had all the hallmarks of an Austin Allegro. I didn't really win my affection when I had to push it out of the station car park because the battery was dead flat. The following morning I had to push it again and next time I will ask for a 1.4 version which is not so heavy to push (I thought these new cars with push start meant a button to press but now I know what it means I like the turning the key option best).

Anyway I digress. Those flippin' blobs are as good as square Allegro steering wheels. They don't seem to have the same damping as a gauge and one minute there is three and the next there is one flasing and beeping.

I don't like blobs and I don't like push start cars.

I bet you thought Push Start was a cool way to start the car by a button.. :lol: :lol: :lol: but in reality it was just that, puffing and panting push starting the car because the dam Battery was flat. ;) ;) ;)

I don't like push start cars.

Does the new shape RAV not have a push start button ;) ;)

Back to Our important things now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Filled up yesterday and got 385 out of the last tank full... including a run down to Hants and back on Sunday in the rain lashed and god awful weather and a nice traffic jam on the M25 and a detour to miss the one on the way back, went via Watford to miss this one :blink: :blink: .... two days of having the air con on, and a blast tonight up the M11....all coming in at 43mpg :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Diesels are more efficient in the rain or damp weather as the moisture makes the fuel/air mix more volatile. The trouble is that the benefit is often offset by increased drag on wet tyres.

You can usually feel the difference though.

Yet another Blob-watch! :thumbsup:

Right the 1/4 tank mark was reached at .......175 miles :yes:

Yet another Blob-watch! :thumbsup:

Right the 1/4 tank mark was reached at .......175 miles :yes:

Getting forgetful in my old age! :wheelchair::lol:

Reached the 1/2 tank mark this morning at ..........295 miles :yahoo:

Not bad considering I spent 20 minutes stuck in an M56 traffic jam yesterday so that people could rubber-neck a bad accident on the other carriageway :ffs:

Whole Blobwatch in a day!

Filled up at 340 giving an MPG of 32 - Average now gone from 30.0 to 30.2 :)

New Tank -

Blob 1 at 100 :thumbsup:

Blob 2 at 180ish ;)

Blob 3 at 260

Driving a bit faster yesterday as had a few miles to cover (Devon - Croydon - Reading - Devon) and didn't leave home until after lunchtime :rolleyes:

Oh - and that included 30 mins on M25 after Prang by non 4x4 drivers in torrential rain blocked motorway (turned the engine off for that, though :) )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links