Blob Watch-rav

chatman

Chatman lures the broken-down landrover drivers there. "come on down ....."

Only trouble is, it got filled up in a week

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

_|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|

:gora:..................... :giljotiini:............ :chair:

_|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|

Certainly come out of it smelling of roses :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fujisan

• Hoovie

• chatman

• local hero

And also keeping on the topic :unsure::rolleyes: I hit the magical 60mpg on way into work this morning....35 mile journey...I know they read out and are not accurate, but hey who else can beat it...(think you petrol boys better look away now)

IMG00223.jpg

Yes i am back and yes i can beat it just :yes: and this was over 65.4 miles :D

608mpg.jpg

and a new target for you over 3 miles and no coasting :thumbsup:

985mpg.jpg

But to be honest the best true reading i could get, brim to brim was a genuine 45.6 over 210 miles, and god was it boring, so Chatters your still champ, my lowest brim to brim was 35.8 from Moffat to home 164 miles in 2hrs 15 mins, and included leaving a baffled jeep cherokee in my wake going up Shap, fully laden at a little over the speed limit :driving:

Top marks Local :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Filled up today @£1.18ltr so the next blob watch is on...(keep forgetting most times :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) Bet the Jeep was thinking..easy target this RAV :o :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

How's the Taxi nowadays....any new news on a LTI fix for the BBQ effect.....

Top marks Local :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Filled up today @£1.18ltr so the next blob watch is on...(keep forgetting most times :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) Bet the Jeep was thinking..easy target this RAV :o :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

How's the Taxi nowadays....any new news on a LTI fix for the BBQ effect.....

Thankfully not thought about my George Forman cab for a week, but i have been informed that it is the EGR unit,( i don't know what that is) that is causing them to self ignite, got to take it in for a mod next week, Take my hat off to you with your 48+ mpg, tried everything while i was away couldn't get near it, but i am very annoyed at my OBC for the whole 1100 mls it showed i had averaged 53mpg, but in reality it was 41mpg, i am going to see if it can be re-calibrated, Hoovie seems to think there might be a way of do'ing it, I'd rather have no gauge than one which is so inaccurate :unsure:

shcm is far too modest for this thread. Think yourselves lucky.

Yes i am back

Good holiday Stewart?

But to be honest the best true reading i could get, brim to brim was a genuine 45.6

Seems good to me. :thumbsup:

Nah, they are all doing far better than me now, so I'm keeping quiet :lol:................well I'll let them think that anyway :P :rolleyes:

My last 4 calculated fills have been 46.0 mpg, 44.1 mpg, 44.9 mpg, 47.7 mpg (short fill I think, so next one I expect to be low), over the usual mixed road commute and you can all see the long term average below, which I'm more than happy with.

Don't think LH has done too bad, if those indicated temperatures are anything to go by.......

....but you can get 50+ mpg out of both 4.2 and 4.3 fully laden on long runs. (OK, I'm just jealous that LH has been to the Highlands this year and I haven't :( )

Nah, they are all doing far better than me now, so I'm keeping quiet :lol:................well I'll let them think that anyway :P :rolleyes:

My last 4 calculated fills have been 46.0 mpg, 44.1 mpg, 44.9 mpg, 47.7 mpg (short fill I think, so next one I expect to be low), over the usual mixed road commute and you can all see the long term average below, which I'm more than happy with.

Don't think LH has done too bad, if those indicated temperatures are anything to go by.......

....but you can get 50+ mpg out of both 4.2 and 4.3 fully laden on long runs. (OK, I'm just jealous that LH has been to the Highlands this year and I haven't :( )

Been to Chirk castle today, brimmed with Shell extra, 123.4 miles, then brimmed at same pump, same garage, my scangauge said 11.8 ltrs cost £14.02, i put in £14.06..11.82ltrs, i work that out at 47.46mpg..Incidently my OBC..showed 57.8 mpg WTF..Is there anyway of adjusting it, Hoovie mentioned somebody on the Auris forum reckoned it was possible :unsure:

Been to Chirk castle today, brimmed with shell extra, 123.4 miles, then brimmed at same pump, same garage, my scangauge said 11.8 ltrs cost £14.02, i put in £14.06..11.82ltrs, i work that out at 47.46mpg..Incidently my OBC..showed 57.8 mpg WTF..Is there anyway of adjusting it, Hoovie mentioned somebody on the Auris forum reckoned it was possible :unsure:

oh, Chirk - haven't been there for a while.

I take it Mr. Hoovie means this:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85638

Well, I know about the oil change reminder reset, which is done in a similar way, but the Auris procedure for the mpg calibration doesn't seem to carry across when I try it on the 4.3. I've tried a load of other "intelligent? guesses" button combinations too, with no luck.

They all read quite high, but knowing roughly what that chip of yours does, I still can't help thinking that will make your reading even more inaccurate.

Another blob watch complete...

416.6 miles covered with 46.24 litres of diesel added (it's gradually getting cheaper!) gives me an mpg of 40.96 :yahoo:

I've been trying to do a blob watch on Mrs Duncerduncs' Rav, it doesn't make pretty reading.... :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

just got back from my trip to Switzerland in the RAV.

Before we set off, I changed the oil and filter ( cheers Anchorman! ) as the car had done 4600 miles and I thought it might like some fresh oil before the trip. Filled the car to the brim imediately before setting off and then drove down through Bradford to the M62, along the motorway to Hull, ferry to Rotterdam, motorway to Heidelberg, combination of motorway and A roads through the Black Forrest to Schaffhausen in northern Switzerland. AND THEN FILLED UP FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE LEAVING HOME! OK, I used the cruise control at about 65 MPH whenever I could, but the OBC said 57.2 MPG and the brim-to-brim method said 51.5 MPG! On the way back we were a little short of time so had the cruise control set at 80 MPH for a long stretch between Strasborg and Leige. Still got 47 to the gallon brim-to-brim. :D

And the moral of this story ( listen to this one Hoovie! ) - go live somewhere flat, it's much better for the MPG than Yorkshire ( or probably Devon )! ;)

We had a "snow shower" one night and woke up to 4" snow low down and 6" higher up ( local definition of a snow shower is less than a foot according to my brother-in-law ). RAV was brilliant but they had cleared the roads completely by about 11.00 hrs so it spoiled my fun a bit. :crybaby:

Also, had the TPMS connected all the time and it was very good for the peace of mind. I'm still paranoid about punctures on the motorway. Got to get around to a permanent installation now.

Best regards

Chris