Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whistling Wing Mirror

Y4R15 D4N

Since I've had my car, it's had an annoying whistling sound coming from the driver's side wing mirror. I know its coming from here cuz when I drive, I've had my hand out of the window and had my finger over the slit on the mirror where it folds in - its as if the whistling sound from the wind is right where the spring is inside the mirror but don't fancy covering it with tape ot get rid of it.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it. I don't normally notice it for my music but now I know its there, its proper annoying.

Its a problem with all yaris's at certain speeds, nothing you can do about it i believe!

Use a piece of rubber or foam and place it in the slit between the mirror and the backplate.

This will stop the air flowing through and making the noise - done alot at work. :)

Mart.

Yeah I have this problem tooat first i though it was the wheels and took the wheel off and was rather annoyed when it carried on... I shal give that solution with the rubber a go tomorrow

Use the foam rubber approach or fit the Jap mirrors, there was a mod at the time to fit Jap mirrors on French built Yaris, something to do with a different manufacturing process of the mirror. Mrs Kingo had it done on hers and cured it no problem

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have jap mirrors and still have problem :mellow:

Well stop whistling and turn up yer music :rolleyes:

Either that or break out the foam as mart says

Kingo :thumbsup:

haha!

It doesnt really bother me to be honest! Cant hear it over exhaust....woops! lol!

Cheers

Adam

my mum had this on her 04 plate 1ltr t3, Toyota replaced the mirrors under warranty this time last year and they have been ever since, wonder if Toyota redesigned them.

Never had a whistle on my mirrors (Jap T-Sport). If it’s the gap where the mirror folds (on the joint) can you put some tap on either edge when it’s folded in?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links