Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bike Racks

s..l

Hi guys could you let me know if there any bike racks or some way other than putting the bike in my celica as i am keen to get back out there on the moors but can't seem to find a way of putting my bike on the car as my old rack does not fit .

Thanks guys .

Which model do you have, and do you have a spoiler on it?

depending on the model of Celica you have, you're probably looking at roof bars and a carrier on top.

Easy enough to achieve though

Try http://www.roofracks.co.uk/index.htm for more options/ideas. There's a fitment guide so you can see exactly what method will fit your car.

Alternatively you could get a towbar carrier fitted if you don't think you'll have the energy to lift a bike back onto the roof after the exertions of the moors !

I've been looking myself for the past week (gen 7 celica).

If you have a gen 7 with a spoiler (like mine), then it appears as though you are limited to a roof mounted bike rack. If you don't have a spoiler then a rear mounted rack would be the cheaper option.

If you have a spoiler then, I have found the following site seems to have the Roof Rack at a good price (good as when compared to others sites that is - about £115)

http://www.skidrive.co.uk/index.php

You then have to add a bike carrier at about £30-£60.

If you don't have a gen 7, then sorry, hopefully some other people will have some good advice.

Also, if anyone has any other ideas please speak up - I'm always open to cheaper options ;)

Hi guys could you let me know if there any bike racks or some way other than putting the bike in my celica as i am keen to get back out there on the moors but can't seem to find a way of putting my bike on the car as my old rack does not fit .

Thanks guys .

If its a 6th Gen Celica, then Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes will both fit in the back - just put the back seats forward - if you need more room again just tip the front passenger seat forward aswell - but to reiterate, on the 6th gen, Mountain and Road bikes will both fit quite easily.

Alternately - if you've got a Quick release front wheel on your bike, simply whip the wheel off and put it back on when you get out - if you don't know how to do it, practice once or twice to get used to it, then you should be ok.

Nick,

I think the Halfords 3 bike rack that I have will fit the Gen 7 with spoiler if adjusted properly. I'm not sure they do them any more, but you might be able to find one second hand.

It has quite long U bars one of which sits on the rear bumper and the other which I think can reach over the spoiler to sit on the rear screen.

I know I did use it on the Celica occasionally, but then I didn't have the spoiler fitted all the time I had the car because it came without one from the factory, so can't be 100% certain that it'll work I'm afraid.

T

Nick,

I think the Halfords 3 bike rack that I have will fit the Gen 7 with spoiler if adjusted properly. I'm not sure they do them any more, but you might be able to find one second hand.

It has quite long U bars one of which sits on the rear bumper and the other which I think can reach over the spoiler to sit on the rear screen.

I know I did use it on the Celica occasionally, but then I didn't have the spoiler fitted all the time I had the car because it came without one from the factory, so can't be 100% certain that it'll work I'm afraid.

T

Excellent, thanks for the advice - I may just nip down to Halfords and see if they'll let me try one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links