Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Black Soot?

GT-FOURNZ

can any1 tell me why i get black sooty looking stuff coming out of my exhaust? i noticed it this morning it is all ova the drive way

might be turbo seals. have you fitted a down pipe lately? take the intake hose of the right hand side of the turbo and check for oil, a little is ok but it shouldnt be running out of there

could just be condensation in the exhaust that has picked up carbon on its way out, if there is no unusual blue or think lingering white smoke then all should be ok

could just be condensation in the exhaust that has picked up carbon on its way out, if there is no unusual blue or think lingering white smoke then all should be ok

Had a cloud of white smoke this morning but it went away afta a while

if the white smoke goes away then it's just condensation, the black smoke could just be unburn fuel or as dawesy says moisture picking up carbon deposits on it's way out. black smoke is never a worry, just blue and white you should worry about

i always thought it was just white smoke in the morn for condensation for the 1st 5 mins or so.

i always thought it was just white smoke in the morn for condensation for the 1st 5 mins or so.

white smoke is a sign of moisture mate. condensation or coolant

white smoke is a sign of moisture mate. condensation or coolant

YEA THATS WHAT I SAID. and can be a sign of over fueling. that not right? but it shouldnt be there all the time, its normal to get it when u 1st start the car for about 10 mins or so. after that i would be lookin for a problem

from your initial description i'd say it's just the usual Toyota overfueling issues. possibly a little more than usual, have your MPG decreased?

if i was to fit an oil catch can would it get rid of the oil in the intake? will any problems arise if i did put 1 in?

so long as you ensure the catch can runs back into the intake then it shouldn't be a problem, the only time you'll find that you get a problem is when you allow it to vent to atmosphere as the return through the intake actually reduces crank pressures

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links