Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tunnel Run

JadeGTI

yeh sunday the 6th July sounds fine... anyone else up for the 6th??? come on jade gti slacking on your own event lol...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JadeGTI

• m4hfu3

• BadBoyVTEC

• kangzy

Sounds ok for me at the mo - although I do know how to use my engine, I don't go speeding around constantly!

So as long as its not major speeds apart from the tunnels then fine ;)

i did a tunnel run lastyear, it was filmed as a promo for The Candy Run (which got cancelled) But it was great fun.

Had a Noble m12 infront of me & a Ferrari 430 following most of the time. It was mental trying to drive fast round central london with a DB9 along side taking all his lane & some of mine :rolleyes:

The run started at the carpark just off Edmund Hillary Way which is very close to the dome, it meant we were about 2 mins from the Blackwall Tunnel. We did all the tunnels in London i think, but they've got scameras in the Limehouse Link which is a PITA!!!The run took in 5 tunnels & also the Westferry roundabout (Underground near Docklands) which was fun as everyone was just doing laps & laps at speed & making lots of noise :drool:

Alternatively if we meet up before a run it could be at Bluewater, as it's very close to the entrance to the of the Dartford Tunnel??

I cant find an itinery of the route from last year which is quite annoying, but here's some linkys of some action from the night:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=az1ZWCsRyAA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-R1nYoLEwc

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0OKSIuFoBAc

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q03T7GB8WB0

Hope this gives a taster of what could be in store :D

that looks crazy... im really looking forward to it now... jade gti u need to be on the ball lool... is it ok if i bring a few cars along with some friends?? we have a few cars with loud exhaust pipes... would be great with a whole convoy of cars making a whole lotta noise through a tunnel :D

how bout the o2 arena car park which is right next to the blackwall tunnel and it has a central location for everyone??

gidz_master_flash so are you coming then??

Right...

firstly... ive managed to sort out all my internet crap so i can actually get online and 'get on the ball' lol

secondly... im gonna have to postpone the 6th as my car is still f***ed and i wont know untill the end of this weekend if its gonna be on the road or not.

This tunnel run will happen and it will happen soon, i just want my car to be involved as i am the one organising it!!!!

when we finally do get this thing organised, you can bring as many people as you like. the bigger the convoy the better.

However... i put my foot down when it comes to vauxhall nova's and renault clio's!!!! lol

i will keep you all informed of the progress my car is making.

thankies muchly

j xx

• 2 weeks later...

Right...

ladies and gents...

The 'rolla is back on the road, and after some 'running in' of the new parts, im pleased to say she's ready for the tunnel run!!

Now... back to choosing a date...

if you guys are still interested in doing this tunnel run, chuck some dates at me so we can get this thing going once and for all!!

J xx

lool looks like it finally myt be happening if everyone hasnt disappered well how bout sunday 13th or sunday 20th july???

the more the merrier people a huge convoy would be great!!! a whole lotta noise around london yaay!!! lol

Cant come till end of august as car is in work check my project page on mr2 section :)

acstreet dude!!! sort it out!!!!!

you missed JTS and now you're gonna miss the tunnel run!!!

just kiddin, would be cool if you and your lot could make it, if not we can always arrange another one..

that is if this one happens first!!! lol

m4hfu3... 20th sounds like a good date. that way we have a week or 2 to arrange things.

i will need help in arranging a route for the run as i only know the blackwall tunnel and the dartford tunnel. i know of the lime house link but dont know how to get there!!! Lol!!!!!

right...

so sunday the 20th it is then...

now where to meet????

lakeside????

xx

lol lime house link you must be crazy!!! dat tunnel has like a million cameras i know coz i go through thyere atleast 10 times in a week its on the A13..

lakeside sounds ok lets see what the other people say...

Its hard for me mostly being in the isle of wight i can only do these things when i am in southend which is usually once a month but im going on holiday wednesday to cyprus for 2 weeks hence not coming :)

ah cool. hope you have fun in cyprus! bring me back a fridge magnet!! lol

the limehouse link aint too bad aslong as we dont speed.

i think we should do the link coz the accoustics will make all our cars sound great!! lol

its up to you mate. you help me decide a route

xx

Just had an update...

I put a post on the japbash website about our tunnel run and i got a reply saying that the sussex scooby club want to join in on our tunnel run!

so hopefully we should have a fair few more cars turn up!

xx

ll yeh true we can jus relax through limehouse link... id like to help but i dont know many tunnels i fink my mates are bringing their supra and rx7 along... the more the merrier so we need to organise a route...

Yeah, a route needs to be organised fairly soon.

If anyone reads this post and knows of a route we can use... please post here or PM me

xx

Dude!!!

loving your enthusiasim!!!

Well, i think we are deffo set for the 20th.

all we need now is a route.

I would also like to know exactly how many of us are gonna turn up so i shall start a list.

if you could copy the list, add your name and car and repost please.

Cheers

J xx

1. Jade GTI ( corolla GTI)

2. Craig (celica GT4)

3. Mark (astra)

4. Trevor (celica GT4)

5. Maj (celica GT4)

2. Craig (celica GT4)

3. Mark (astra)

4. Trevor (celica GT4)

5. Maj (celica GT4)

6. BadBoyVTEC (Aygo but will come in mates loud Citroen C2)

2. Craig (celica GT4)

3. Mark (astra)

4. Trevor (celica GT4)

5. Maj (celica GT4)

6. BadBoyVTEC (Aygo but will come in mates loud Citroen C2)

7. m4hfu3 (corolla... will bring some friends along with a supra and rx7)

Cmooooooooon peeps!!!!

i want more names than this!!!!

ok, So ive figured out that if we meet up at Bluewater, that will give us better access to the best route.

So we meet at Bluewater at 8pm on sunday night (20th)

if you have any mates interested then spread he word.

J

xx

Woo Hoo!!!!

im well excited now!

wish i was going now!

Oh wait, i am! im going for a practice run fairly soon!!

if the route ive planned sucks though, im gonna be very disapointed!!!!

xx

Dam wish i could go to this :( have fun guys and gals take some pics and vids if you can :thumbsup: