Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anime

Bizarra

Are there any fans of "Anime Central" on Sky in our midst ?

If there are, do you know what has gone wrong ?

There used to be a good selection of stories each night. Now all we get are Cowboy Bebop & Ghost in the Shell 1st & 2nd gig, over & over.Everyone on their website is in the dark & seem to think the Station is going to close. Having watched those 2 programs 3 times, I have given up. I know both are classics, but I know the dialogue off by heart by now.

The Administrators seem to have listened to the screams of "American rubbish" when they had "Transformers" & "G I Joe "on. They were removed in mid flow, but are staying dumb about the present situation :angry:

Never seen it but I love Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki so I might enjoy it if I had Sky!

I watched Howls Moving Castle again last night - man I love that movie! :yes:

OT I know!

I just don't understand the appeal at all, they're not lifelike enough to be realistic & not fake enough for it not to matter (like The Simpsons & South Park etc). Aren't most anime films in Japanese with English subtitles too or am I mistaken?

You cant deny Akira as a classic!

Got lots of Dominion Tank Plice stuff and a few Bubblegum Crisis comics.

I just don't understand the appeal at all, they're not lifelike enough to be realistic & not fake enough for it not to matter (like The Simpsons & South Park etc). Aren't most anime films in Japanese with English subtitles too or am I mistaken?

All the ones on Anime Central have been dubbed into English.

I know what you mean about "lifelike" & " fake enough", but the ones on this Station were the cream of the crop. Ghost in the Shell, in particular, has a lot of deep thought & ideas in it.

there is a rumour that it is going to be made into a film in the near future. Don't know that I would want to see it -read the book, don't watch the film sort of thing. Steven Speilberg is supposed to be doing it. That would make a difference.

just in case i have got you interested, it is a very difficult series to start in the middle. Takes a long time to get to know the characters, their history & the underlying thread.

You cant deny Akira as a classic!

Got lots of Dominion Tank Plice stuff and a few Bubblegum Crisis comics.

Definitely agree about Akira. In fact, I might just put it on again after I log off :thumbsup:

I don't know the others , but must keep my eyes open for them.

Never seen it but I love Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki so I might enjoy it if I had Sky!

I watched Howls Moving Castle again last night - man I love that movie! :yes:

OT I know!

I think you would enjoy it. Don't know the other 2 but will keep my eye out for them.

I have Howls Moving Castle. Love it & am confused now :blink: I was going to put on Akira tonight, but in two minds now :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have Sky, but it is annoying how the more "mainstream" anime would be repeated again and again! Anime channels should also show J-Dramas and Asian films as well I think, as well as more obscure anime. I'd love to be able to watch the Hana Yori Dango anime without waiting hours for it to download! Do they show Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles?

I quite agree.

Pity you don't have Sky. On Sky movies, indie Section, they occasionally have good eastern films. I watched Azumi 1 & 2 recently. Warrior King & Ong Bak (?) also.

I watched "The House of Flying Daggers " & loved it so much that I bought it on DVD.

As I said, Anime Central are repeating Ghost in the Shell 1 st & 2nd gigs + Cowboy Bebop, to such an extent that I have given up, knowing the dialogue by heart.

Apart from the 2 mentioned, they used to do

Bleach,

Fullmetal Alchemist

Hack Sign

The Ballad of Escaflowne

Wolfs Rain

Gundam Seed

They tried to stick us with Transformers & G I Joe, but the complaints were so bad that they took them off. Yanks can't do Anime.

Try this link if it works http://www.animecentral.com/ Everyone is asking "What the Hell is happening?" & no answers forthcoming.

It is a shame, as we had a reasonably good Channel devoted to Anime, starting @ 9pm & going on (3hour repeats) till 6 am.

• 2 months later...

my mayte got me into a lot of the anime i watch, stuff like death note are pretty good, short but not too short that you wish there was more.

however i have to admit, i have been more into dragonball z as of late, used to be the big things my maytes would talk about at primary school. but i never got into it, so now i have a bit more free time with college i thought "why not". its always good to catch up hehe