Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camry 2l Gli Starting Problem

Mike S

My 1986 GLI Camry has decided it doesn't want to start anymore. The car was running fine until my mother decided to stall it with quite a jolt.

The RAC did some tests and said that there wasn't enough power getting to the distributor. The car got towed to a Main Dealer who also said the same thing saying that the distributor and coil had had it. I sourced a new coil and a replacement distributor and have had the timing redone but it still fails to start or produce a spark.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

My 1986 GLI Camry has decided it doesn't want to start anymore. The car was running fine until my mother decided to stall it with quite a jolt.

The RAC did some tests and said that there wasn't enough power getting to the distributor. The car got towed to a Main Dealer who also said the same thing saying that the distributor and coil had had it. I sourced a new coil and a replacement distributor and have had the timing redone but it still fails to start or produce a spark.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Hi Mike,let me know what engine u have,and i'll see if i can help B)

Terry,

It has the 2SE Engine.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Cheers

Mike.

Terry,

It has the 2SE Engine.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Cheers

Mike.

Hi Mike,i've just checked and there are things to check;1 signal from self-diagnosis;2 condition of fuel filter;3 fuel pump and connections /wiring/relay;4 air intake and vacuum system for leaks;5 coolant temperature sensor;6 auxiliary air valve.i have had a problem like this before, and found a faulty fuel pump to be the cause.hope this helps u, B)