Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do You Miss?

GreyRacer

If you could have had one more piece of standard equipment in your Auris what would you have liked?

In my T180 it would have been sports seats. The ones fitted are just no use for quick cornering.

A Heated Front Screen, on a Diesel in the cold weather it's near essential.

A very very good auto gearbox like the ones found in the 330d or 335d BMW's

Since that isn't available i can't really think of anything that i truely miss. Sat nice would have been nice but not essential. Leather would have been nice as standard too but i'm clutching at straws.

Not as a standard but i sure would like to get automatic transmission for my car, it feels so oldfashion to change gears manually.

If you could have had one more piece of standard equipment in your Auris what would you have liked?

In my T180 it would have been sports seats. The ones fitted are just no use for quick cornering.

LED back & front with xenon projection headlamps.

Can i be greedy?

bluetooth hands free.

:thumbsup:

A HUD should be standard on all cars ;)

Seriously the rear suspension of T180 should be standard on all the cars because if your going right and you lose grip on the left wheal in the wet due to bump or ditch in the road I found it a handful to control and I bet the T180 would have been better.

A HUD should be standard on all cars ;)

Seriously the rear suspension of T180 should be standard on all the cars because if your going right and you lose grip on the left wheal in the wet due to bump or ditch in the road I found it a handful to control and I bet the T180 would have been better.

yes for safety it should be standard

i tried the two different models out - in a standard t3 i think it was i was testing handling and some open space and the car went sideways. The same thing in the t180 and the VRC light didnt even come on as the suspension must have held it.

When I get a stead job and on the 20,000 miles service (2k to go) I am going to insist on T180 as a courtesy car. And then I am sure as long as I get it in the same colour my wife will not notice.

Thinking about it a HUD for D-4D engines with RPM on would be really useful! Much better than rain sensing wipers of the Avensis and Lexus. Saying that the Avensis/Lexus does have heating and Auris does not.

My wife loves the seats but I find that my left but cheek sinks deeper than the right cheek :huh:

1. Better steering wheel; thicker and with grooves where you hold it, like many sportive steering wheels.

2. Brighter and adjustable illumination for the radio, A/C, window buttons, steering wheel buttons; just like the optitron instrument panel.

3. Those red safety lights at the doors. You know, when you open the door they light up so the cars coming from the rear can see them.

4. Different headlight set-up in the same Shell. Like double angel eyes or something and lens fog lights, like the low beams.

5. Automatic window button for the front passenger side, just like the drivers side. I wonder if I can do that at the dealer, telling them to replace the passenger side button with the driver side button so they can both be Automatic.

6. Auto-folding mirror, like you push the button and that side folds into the door. It's damn annoying to reach out to the passenger side so you can close the mirror.

And Johan, I have that problem too and believe me I measured them, my cheeks are perfectly aligned with great proportions and both sides are exactly the same. I believe my wallet is the problem but hearing you share the same problem, I wonder if it has something to do with the seats. :huh:

yes changing from the corolla 2.0D4D TSpirit to the equivalent Auris there are bits that i miss, auto windows all round, mud flaps (i have a white Auris) and oddly storage space especially around the drivers area, also the ciggy lighter/accessory socket is in a daft place as well.

other than that lot the same quality 'feel' as the corolla. although i like the design of the Auris i cant help but feel that it seems a little cheap and plasticy inside

And Johan, I have that problem too and believe me I measured them, my cheeks are perfectly aligned...
I have a very good ***** too. Sometimes it feels like a one cheek veggie (spelling?) and you have to re-just your posture. I believe the issue is solvable if we used the foot rest more because my previous car (Rover 200 with MG Seats) did not have one and my wife uses the footrest all the time. By not using the footrest it seems more pressure is being applied to the left cheek and the Auris seats are very soft. Basically aim to get even pressure.

Agreed, sportier seats. Seat seem to offer most of the 'sportier' features I would have liked in the Leon FR, i.e. steering wheel, seats, optional 18" wheels upgrade, lower springs, sportier bumpers, but I just could not commit...

Even lowish spec Vauxhalls come with sports seats.

Most of the bits I would have liked can be added to the T180 including the steering wheel, but the seats are not an accessory or option unless you go for some imported ones from Japan, otherwise after-market Recaros, etc.

I suppose at-the-end-of-the-day Toyota did not try to pitch it as a warm/hot hatch, and even the SR180 is not the full package.

For me I have to pick 2.

Auto Box.Really irritates me that Toyota have not found a way to give us diesel drivers a full auto box.

Sat Nav.The factory fit ones are really nice.My boss has one in his crv and it is excellent.

Can i be greedy?

bluetooth hands free.

Here in Australia (where we still call it a Corolla) bluetooth is standard on all but the bottom of the range model. We get an indash 6stack CD player with bluetooth, unfortunately everyone is having trouble with microphone volume

Can i be greedy?

bluetooth hands free.

Here in Australia (where we still call it a Corolla) bluetooth is standard on all but the bottom of the range model. We get an indash 6stack CD player with bluetooth, unfortunately everyone is having trouble with microphone volume

Thats interesting, so its Blade in Japan and Corolla in Aus? I dont understand the strategy here? They should rename it all to Auris to build the name up!

Anyway, i believe blade in japan has the LED lights at the back, not sure about xenon.

As for bluetooth, i think this should be standard like it is in Aus, who hasn't got a bluetooth phone nowadays???

Thats interesting, so its Blade in Japan and Corolla in Aus? I dont understand the strategy here? They should rename it all to Auris to build the name up!

We still call it the Corolla because Nissan made the mistake of renaming their hatch from the Pulsar to the Tiida and their sales have slumped drastically and Toyota did not want to share the same fate. Apart from this, the sales would be recorded seperately for hatch and sedan if they were Auris and Corolla. With the two models both called Corolla it became Australia's biggest selling car finally knocking off the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore (both are E-Class sized sedans with 4.0L I6 and 3.8L V6 respectively and start from around GBP 15k) who have shared the top sales spot for the past 20years or so.

But most of us here would have gladly given up standard bluetooth for some performance option like suspensions and exhaust like Europe has

And Johan, I have that problem too and believe me I measured them, my cheeks are perfectly aligned...
I have a very good ***** too. Sometimes it feels like a one cheek veggie (spelling?) and you have to re-just your posture. I believe the issue is solvable if we used the foot rest more because my previous car (Rover 200 with MG Seats) did not have one and my wife uses the footrest all the time. By not using the footrest it seems more pressure is being applied to the left cheek and the Auris seats are very soft. Basically aim to get even pressure.

You sir, are correct! I am using the dead pedal almost all the time, for a week and my cheeks are perfectly aligned in those seats now! Sometimes one side goes down but when I realize that, I find my left foot removed from the dead pedal. When I adjust my posture and put my foot on the dead pedal, it's all done. ;)

I actually got used to it already and now, on my other car which has no dead pedal, I feel uncomfortable. :)

We still call it the Corolla because Nissan made the mistake of renaming their hatch from the Pulsar to the Tiida and their sales have slumped drastically and Toyota did not want to share the same fate. Apart from this, the sales would be recorded seperately for hatch and sedan if they were Auris and Corolla. With the two models both called Corolla it became Australia's biggest selling car finally knocking off the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore (both are E-Class sized sedans with 4.0L I6 and 3.8L V6 respectively and start from around GBP 15k) who have shared the top sales spot for the past 20years or so.

:) Me and my dodgy understandings of economics!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links