Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti Radiator

maxsGTI

hi guys, i need anew radiator for my corolla gti, been told i can drive it locally but if i was to push the peddle abit and let the revs go high the radiator will cause me problems, another words it nakerd...ok so the question i have is, ive rang around afew places for another radiator but got no joy, soo was woundeing will another car radiator fit my corolla gti for example a toyota carina 1.6 radiator??

also if anyone is breaking corolla or may have a corolla gti radiator please drop me a txt on 07708399374 cheers

Try asking at your local Motor Factors or ask some mechanics. They might know somewhere.

There's a place on Teesside that can get just about any radiator - if it's a special they can make one.

Surely this service is available all over the place - I can't believe it's only 1 shop in the country that does this !

ive tried eBay, but like i asked in the first post, will a toyota carina 1.6 radiator work in my corolla gti? im just asking, a local breaker has tons of carina radiators but he wasnt sure if that might fit.. never mind il keeping looking its not the end of the world

hi guys, i need anew radiator for my corolla gti, been told i can drive it locally but if i was to push the peddle abit and let the revs go high the radiator will cause me problems, another words it nakerd...ok so the question i have is, ive rang around afew places for another radiator but got no joy, soo was woundeing will another car radiator fit my corolla gti for example a toyota carina 1.6 radiator??

also if anyone is breaking corolla or may have a corolla gti radiator please drop me a txt on 07708399374 cheers

From having a few Corolla's I don't think the Gti rad is unique to the car, you could well get away with a rad from just the 1.3 model in the same shape, worth having a look if there is some way you can look at them next to each other ( or stop one in the street if you can find one and ask to have a look ) You know how some places like to add a few £££ signs to the performance end of the range for the sake of it

Can't you get a new radiator?

Fitting a second hand one sounds like a false economy to me. You could pay half the price of a new one for a s/h one and then have it fail within a year or two. Whereas if you put a new one on it should last a good few years.

I could understand it if you thought your car wasn't going to last very long anyway, but those cars are becoming collectors items so it's always worth taking a long term view with them IMHO.

You have to ask yourself, when it comes to replacing OEM parts. "Do i need an upgrade? Can i buy similar parts cheaper!?"

I reckon if you take a measuring stick to scope out the dimensions you're working with, you can fit anything you please! Many parts on vehicles are interchangable, just because the specification and dimension's are right. You have to look at it this way, otherwise. You'll always pay over the odds, just for reassurance.

I've always had an eye for getting away with it, and i reckon, as far as rad's go. You can fit what you like! Just go to the scrapper and find a newish rad with the same spec as the one youre going to replace. I.e. Check that the mounting points are in the same place and make sure the pipes match! Toyota rad's are easy, due to the nature of being a simple set up. One pipe in, one pipe out. No expansion gubbings, simple locators on the bottom edge and similarly on the top edge. Quite often they use a similar design and spec, so look under the bonnets of Toyota's first. The Carina ones may be a perfect match! If you buy from a scrapper though, make sure you check that the rad you get is pretty much a new one.. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links