Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Noise List

dk1980

My car is going in for its 10k mile service next week so I thought I should get a second opinion on some noises I am getting first (was way too busy to go to the garage after I bought it for an investigation):

1 - There is a slight creaking noise coming from the passenger side front wheel when I go round right hand turns and over a slight bump. Suspension perhaps? Haven't noticed it on bumps when going straight though.

2 - The wheels have a tendency to squeak like the bearings are not right. It is intermittent though and it disappears if I use the brakes. Makes wonder if the brakes are sticking.

3 - There was no grease on the door hinges. Not really one to look into further, but seems a bit pathetic to miss that off given the noises that then came from the hinges... Metal on metal is a great sound!

4 - New one for the recent wet weather - the handbrake is sticking when I park the car in the rain for a couple of days.

Be good to hear if anyone has had anything similar...

D

1 - There is a slight creaking noise coming from the passenger side front wheel when I go round right hand turns and over a slight bump. Suspension perhaps? Haven't noticed it on bumps when going straight though.
I get this on the left hand side too. Some one here said it could be worn ball joints and bushes and will get it checked out at the next service
2 - The wheels have a tendency to squeak like the bearings are not right. It is intermittent though and it disappears if I use the brakes. Makes wonder if the brakes are sticking.
does go away with time though you could get the bits replaced up to you I guess, others have.
3 - There was no grease on the door hinges. Not really one to look into further, but seems a bit pathetic to miss that off given the noises that then came from the hinges... Metal on metal is a great sound!
not an issue with my car.
4 - New one for the recent wet weather - the handbrake is sticking when I park the car in the rain for a couple of days.
not with my car... sometimes requires more force to release?

I got sometimes metallic noise as well. Sometimes it squeaks

No an issue

I used some teflon grease for driver door (put it on the metal stripe that holds the door)

Not an issue- or at least I haven't noticed

Surprised to hear 2 more people with the same noise - I'll ask them during the service next Friday for any comments!

Cheers for the comments on this - I have oiled the hinge (no grease to hand and the squeak has mostly gone) and I was mostly surprised Toyota didn't grease it for me. Perhaps one to raise with the dealer as it could be their job to prep that part of the car for all I know.

I'll ignore this for now - it is a new gripe and it could just be the rain/wind direction combination we have had in Brum for the last week.

Cheers

D

Never heard it on my Auris.

Never heard this noise either.

Same here... But I went to the dealer at ~1000KM and told them about it and they fixed it in about 10 minutes.

Never happened to me but I barely leave my Auris to places where I need to pull the handbrake completely, almost flat surfaces most of the time. I just put it in the 1st gear if the nose of the car looks uphill and pull the handbrake slightly. I put it in R if the nose looks downhill and pull the handbrake slightly but as I said, most the the places I left my car are just flat.

• 3 years later...

I'm getting tired of the noise of my auris 2007. This comes from the left. I thought it was a seat belt, but obviously it would come over the door. This is something that vibrates as the sound of plastic and it is only on the road. I still have 5 months warranty occasion but if I go to the garage toyota with this problem they will laugh at me ... I must be too sensitive ...

Mine pretty much always did this from day one if left for a couple of days, recently replaced my discs and pads for MTEC discs with Mintex pads, just come back from a weeks holiday and the handbrake released perfectly with no binding. Previously when left for a week you'd think someone had welded the pads to the discs while I was away!