Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 On Front Cover Of Redline Mag This Month

oli_paseo

my M8s MR2 is on the front cover of redline this month,

i kno its not every 1s cup of T but i the work he has put into it is fantastic!

i think it is the best modified MR2 in the country without a doubt!

tell me wat you guys think?!

(p.s no comments about practicallity as it is purely a show car) ....lol

If memory serves me right oli its the green one right?

seen a few pics & like it alot.. :thumbsup:

id hold off on the best modded 2 bit till Bibbs or Jimlad makes an appearance :P

J

yep thats the 1!!!

green, tvs under bonnet + in the doors ect... & chrome hoops , chrome engine 300bhp, custom kit!

oli

I know he's put a load of effort (and cash) into it .. but it looks horrid .. Veilside is a ming kit fro the MR2,but then to mod it and make it worse .. not my cup of tea ..

And to be honest I'd rather not have MR2's on the covers of Max'er mags as I don't want "Burbury"s driving the same car I have .. I think I'll go back to driving My old mans Alfa at this rate ..

Not seen it yet TBH, and i am staying open minded, cos contrary to most on these boards i don't mind a 2 being heavily modified.

Tho is does change the look of the 2 (drastically in some cases) i think bodykits can make the car more unique, and at the end of the day... to each his own my friend... Ur gonna be the one driving it, and let's all be honest here, chicks dig kitted cars ;)

"It's the car right, chicks love the car"!

:thumbsup:

-Z

If memory serves me right oli its the green one right?

seen a few pics & like it alot.. :thumbsup:

id hold off on the best modded 2 bit till Bibbs or Jimlad makes an appearance :P

J

don't like the green mr2 much.. a bit ott for my liking.

As for modding.... JappyBeast (andy), should be included in the upcoming modding list for MR2's. He's got something planned, but the bugger won't tell me what. Grrrr !!

Its a look ive seen over and over again. I must be getting old because 7 years ago I thought heavily kitted cars were the schiznit. Now I puke at flip paint and drastic bodkits .

I must be getting old because 7 years ago I thought heavily kitted cars were the schiznit. Now I puke at flip paint and drastic bodkits .

To car enthusiats and the like some things do seem ott and a little F&TF.

But i can say w. confidence that the "general" population goes crazy over stuff like that.

I'm always split in 2 minds about this. One one hand i wanna leave my car stock (sleeper), and on the other i want it 2 look mean and turn heads wherever i go.

Hrm...

Get my n/a as the sleeper, buy a tubby l8r on and go mad mods wise + visual on it?...

That'd be cool, cos then i'd hav the added power of hte turbo 2 bak my self up ;)

Sigh, wish i had cash to burn...

Was actually thinking about this the other nite.

I came up w. a list of cars that i MUST have:

Lambo Diablo - legendary car, no 2 ways about it, i got to hav it!

Skyline - crazy ***** power mods

RX-7 - Can u say drift king baby?!

and of course...

the (mr)2 - would have to be n/a which'd stay sleeper on the outside, but under the bonnet... hehe ;) oh, and it WOULD be an n/a, then when i burn past people and they c the GTi16, they'd know it was a UK model that just burned em :D

!Removed! hell, just noticed the length of this post, sorry guys got a little carried away there, heh :lol:

-Z

yeah that the 1...... lol ..... but it has got tax :P

i also go down there as well ive got the X racing paseo wiv hydraulics (& soon 2 be lambo doors)

but were all from Bristol / weston.

the (mr)2 - would have to be n/a which'd stay sleeper on the outside, but under the bonnet... hehe  oh, and it WOULD be an n/a, then when i burn past people and they c the GTi16, they'd know it was a UK model that just burned em

Hehe Ive already taken the '16v Turbo' off the sides of my car so its in real sleeper mode atm. And im heavily considering just putting something like '1.6 GTi' Just for laffs on it for one night. :lol:

And yes Zero its true the vast majority of non car enthusiasts love mad kits and flip paint. I can confirm this cos my g/f whom I THOUGHT had taste told me about this 'amazing' wierd car, the best one she had seen blah blah I was thinking it must be a TVR or sumthin. Turned out to be an EK Civic with a wings west wide body tuner kit with flip paint..a max power feature car. <_< . I explained to her its the same car that her mum owns(lol! it really is) she didnt even beleive me until I had to show her on the internet.

It shows to the person without a fine eye for vehicle modification appreciate that stuff more.

1.6 GTi, haha, i like it m8, make sure u go nova/saxo/clio/punto rice boy hunting :thumbsup:

that reminds me, saw a nova 2day with a 5" exhaust on it, wasn't impressed one bit...

don't get me wrong i'm the last person to go against ne sort of mod but i think THAT's way ott!

Hrm, tell ya what get another 2, stick the f355 kit on it and tell ur g/f u bought a ferarri, c how long she, (and her friends, and their friends, and their family, and their neighbours (bladt, blah u get the idea)) thinks it a REAL ferarri for, haha

-Z

Just got Redline yesterday.

Have to say well done to him, as to be honest I don't really see many modified MR2's around. And let's all be honest that even though people prefer sleepers (as I do), that's not a bad job of modifications!

I really do admire the interior and leather trim though, I'd love to have that in my car :thumbsup:

I love it, got a thing about that colour as well!

As for Redline it couldn't be further from Max & the like if you actually read it. :thumbsup:

They're different wheels to what's on it in the magazine as well.

Those pics are a couple of months old.

Mind you if you look closely in the mag shots it seems to have completely different wheels on in the studio shots in comparison to the pics taken outside. :blink:

I like that quite a bit actually, tho the green is a bit bright for my liking!

I rm coming across another veilside kitted mr2 on a site with a sort of dark metallic green, i thawt that looked good.

Not a bad spoiler that either, and i kinda like what he's done w. the rear of the car, w. the lights.

i think it looks kinda like and RX-7 (the FD model)

-Z