Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternative Fuel

Hi

I drive the Auris D4D turbo and I am wondering if anyone has tried the biodiesel from recycled oil? I know someone who uses it on a D4D Avensis. :D

Hi

I drive the Auris D4D turbo and I am wondering if anyone has tried the biodiesel from recycled oil? I know someone who uses it on a D4D Avensis. :D

Be carefull. I asked Mr. T some time ago if i could use it in the T180 and was advised it would invalidate my warranty if a problem arose due to its use.

Hi

Be carefull. I asked Mr. T some time ago if i could use it in the T180 and was advised it would invalidate my warranty if a problem arose due to its use.

I have been told this too by my dealer, but I just wonder if it can be used. Aren't the Auris fitted with the same D4D engines? I searched the Web and in new Zealand and Australia they seem to use with this type of engines.

Hi

hi i have an 07 3 door t180 and i have used bio a few times and i find no problems in performance and with the d cat using a 50/50 mix you wont even smell it

dont panic about toyota saying about the warenty thay just dont want you to use it for them to actualy void your warenty thay would have to prove that bio fuel is the cause of the fault this being imposible as bio is harmles and eco friendly also there are companys producing bio if toyoa were able to prove this fuell causes faults thay would then be liable as it is advised safe to use

Hi

hi i have an 07 3 door t180 and i have used bio a few times and i find no problems in performance and with the d cat using a 50/50 mix you wont even smell it

dont panic about toyota saying about the warenty thay just dont want you to use it for them to actualy void your warenty thay would have to prove that bio fuel is the cause of the fault this being imposible as bio is harmles and eco friendly also there are companys producing bio if toyoa were able to prove this fuell causes faults thay would then be liable as it is advised safe to use

Thanks. I have filled the tank with 30 liter of biodiesel and the rest with normal diesel. I done 60 miles, lots of short trips. To date no problem, if at all it runs smoothly and less noise. I will wait and see. I will keep you informed.

Good biodiesel should not affect your engine but car manufacturers sometimes have issues that are discovered after some time- like Toyota engine sludge problem or failing D-cat. They quite often try to blame car owners with excuses like bad maintenance, oil or biodiesel may be one of them.

Not sure where Mr T is coming from here, all refinerys will be producing bio diesel this year. By law they have to produce a certain % of bio fuels by the end of this year or next cant rememeber now so it will become inpossible not to buy diesel that hasnt got some bio fuel in it before long.

So if this is the case all our warrentys will be invalid soon.

Is bio diesel cheaper than standard diesel?

Yes it is. I saw if for about 1.05/litre (Morrisons I think).

I am not sure about the fact that producers should add bio to their fuels. The reasons are that is not exactly cleaner than normal fuel (CO2 is still emitted during burning and manufacturing process) and in Europe we have food supply shortage as farmers are growing bio-diesel plants. Some countries are giving up on it.

But you are right the fuel itself should be fine with modern diesel engines. I haven't seen any tests for very long distance (only about 2 k miles)

There is a major difference in bio diesel at the pump (about 5% I think???) and using old chippie oil to run your car

Old chippie oil that has gone through due process is fine in older cars WITHOUT high pressure pumps, but on modern D4D high pressure pumps, DONT DO IT. it will run and may appear fine, but the nature of high pressure pumps means you may bring yourself problems in the long term. D4D pumps and injectors cost thousands of pounds to replace and you would easily know if the pump was damaged by using the wrong type of fuel. The pumps are machined to very fine tolerences so take a chance if you feel up to it, but be prepared to pay if it all goes horribly wrong, it wont be covered under warranty

Kingo :thumbsup:

The way this is going I really don't know what to feed him. For now I'm trying to keep my pedal up as much as I can 5.5 l/100 km for the last 5 refuels or so and I intended to keep it like that. I manage to do 800 km until warning pops up I guess I still have enough in the tank for 200 km more but I haven't taken the chance yet. I try to keep my speed at max 120 km/h even in highway so I'm saving as I can closed windows, running AC from time to time and not keeping it ON during the all trip etc... Still the way gas prices are climbing I really don't know. Some day it is better to have a *****ty job in my town earning less but where I can go walking, then to go to Lisbon where I have to pay to go to work. In my case it's impossible to take public transportation I would take more then 1h to arrive at work now I take 30min

The way this is going I really don't know what to feed him. For now I'm trying to keep my pedal up as much as I can 5.5 l/100 km for the last 5 refuels or so and I intended to keep it like that. I manage to do 800 km until warning pops up I guess I still have enough in the tank for 200 km more but I haven't taken the chance yet. I try to keep my speed at max 120 km/h even in highway so I'm saving as I can closed windows, running AC from time to time and not keeping it ON during the all trip etc... Still the way gas prices are climbing I really don't know. Some day it is better to have a *****ty job in my town earning less but where I can go walking, then to go to Lisbon where I have to pay to go to work. In my case it's impossible to take public transportation I would take more then 1h to arrive at work now I take 30min

Guys

I am using Biodiesel from a reputable source made to european standards from recycled cooking oil, delivered by a pump similar to the petrol station one. I have used this fuel for a week now and the car sems to run smoother and I have not had any problems to date. No smell or noise or any side effect other than a healthier wallet at almost 30p cheaper than conventional diesel.

Isn't the Tesco diesel with some content of biodesel to lower the sulphur content?

I will keep on using it and we will wait and see

:D ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links