Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls With Tattoos

Demonic Angel

What do you think of girls with tattoos?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Girls with tattoos are...

• Really sexy on show
    • Sexy, so long as the tattoo is hidden
    • Nice, but only on skinny girls
    • I like them, but not stupidly big tattoos/lots of tattoos
    • Depends what the tattoo is and where it is
    • Awful, girls shouldn't have tattoos!

I kind of agree with what Karma says here.

I already have 2 tats, not on show....My last boyfriend wasn't a great fan of tattoos, so I therefore didn't plan to have any more done .....I chose to do this A) because I knew his opinions on tattoos and B) because I loved him and respected his opinions.

That's not to say he controlled my life and how to live it....lol far from it, he advised, I listened and then I made my own choices.

He never TOLD me not to have another one or our relationship was over BUT if he had, I would have questioned the basis of our relationship and his wanting to control me.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Kev Mc

• Bizarra

• mollycorolla

Hi,

I don't mind tats, my gf has three, all hidden and rather cute :-) However some people og a bit ott, and I must admit I know my dad won't hire people with tattoos massively on show, because it's not the image he wants projected for his company, as I'm sure most wouldn't (esoecially if you work for a Japanese/Chinese firm, they are big on NO to tats, purely becuase it's culturally bad (In Japan you can't use spa's, or gyms if you have tats because of their links with the Yakuza), however lots of Asian girls seem to have them as a rebellious, even 'Westernised' thing). Tattoos throughout history have been to tell story's of your life or about your personality. In NZ it's big on personality in the tattoo you have, especially if it's a traditional styled one. Russia it's generally linked to the crimes you've committed (try searching Russian prison tats, they are wonderous, in a good and bad way, considering they are done in prison with no equipment), as it often is in latino-American culture, however in UK culture it has often been a military/merchant thing, my great uncle had tats from his youth in the Merchant Navy (or Mercantile Marine as it was then), and regretted them when he was older, however they were part of his life, and did indeed tell his story.

So IMHO (I know at last), it's up to you, if you want them have them done, but consider your choice wisely (my GF's tats are her own drawings and look great, however if she had had them done worngly or in the worng place they'd look silly). They are not for me really, but I don't overly dislike them except when they are constantly on show, or as someone else has suggested moronic (like the tattoo "Individual", done cos his mate had one too....... D'oh).

Also, any tat fans know if you can now get your hands and face done without a criminal record????? It used to be against practice to do them without having a CR as it was an identifying feature...... ????

Latest funky tat is Beharry's, anyone comment on that for size??? (It's huge!!!).......

Tom

erm is it really up to you what your other half puts on her body?

Yes it is, as long as she wants to be my other half! However the way I conduct my relationships is not your business. :lol:

I appreciate how you run your relationship is none of my business I was just surprised to find such a definate attitude that if your other half got a tattoo you'd leave her?

I am far more relaxed as I love my other half for the person she is not the way she looks or the tattoos she does or doesnt have. but each to their own :D

just be careful if anyone ever selects a dragon... certain dragon tats are used by triad gangs and if you have one and they see it and you arent a member r havnt earned it... apparently u is toast

just be careful if anyone ever selects a dragon... certain dragon tats are used by triad gangs and if you have one and they see it and you arent a member r havnt earned it... apparently u is toast

If I remember from an article a short while ago, they remove the piece of skin with the tattoo on...... eeek sounds nice.

The Yakuza uses tattoos similarly: http://www.yakuza-mafia.blogspot.com/

ATB,

Tom

Got marked fur nuthin by a horse-fly at my daughters weddin 3 weeks ago....wis wearing a kilt and the wee/big bgr fly took a hefty chomp at a varicose vein on the side of my knee.....

I now sport 2 teeth marks and a scar which the doc says will be there for as long as..... :crybaby: Spoils the kilt wearing now!

Got marked fur nuthin by a horse-fly at my daughters weddin 3 weeks ago....wis wearing a kilt and the wee/big bgr fly took a hefty chomp at a varicose vein on the side of my knee.....

I now sport 2 teeth marks and a scar which the doc says will be there for as long as..... :crybaby: Spoils the kilt wearing now!

Haven't seen horse flies for ages. They don't seem to be here on the coast, but in the Midlands, they were a Bugger.

Custom was, for Christmas We had Turkey, & for Little Christmas we killed a goose.

When the goose was cooked, the grease was drained off & kept in a couple of jamjars. Then, when working in the fields in Summer, you slathered all exposed parts :rolleyes: with the grease. It worked a treat. :yahoo:

You mightn't be too popular at a Wedding though :sick:

Right, after being pointed at this by Ash I thought I would comment seeing as I have -just- had one done... same place as where you want it... I have been versed by my friends all about them too :P

p.s. it does hurt by the way :lol:

Depends where... mine stung a little... less so over the spine, a little more moving further out... it really is (as aforementioned) up to your pain tolerance level.. Mine didnt really hurt much at all.. and was only a little tender afterwards.

maybe making the symbol blue instead of black (I didn't know black hurt the most!) :lol:

As Jade mentioned (I did read the thread but cant be bothered quoting EVERYONE! ;) ) Black hurts no more than any other colour... its just a different colour ink... What DOES hurt more, is the different thicknesses of needles they use for the different applications. The outlining needle does hurt more than the ones that fill the colour in. So no matter what colour you want, you'll probably have some sort of outline done.. which will hurt more than fill (but like I said.. mine didnt hurt that much).

Well I'm going to speak to my best friend tomorrow and hopefully provisionally book it in for the 12th July (if I can get in then) as that'll be after my race but before TOC Camp so ideal really bearing in mind I wont be able to exercise/swim for 2 weeks.

Hopefully 2 weeks later at TOC Camp it wont be so sore and I can show it off! :D

2 Weeks is minimum healing time, mine wasnt sore after a couple of days, You can exercise (it may hurt the first couple of days is all, I likened it to being sunburnt... that sort of pain.. achey, sore and hot) but you arent allowed to sunbathe, swim or go in hot tub or anything like that for the 2 weeks... some people say leave it a month to be sure. Some tattoo artists say not to put anything on them... but my mates Heather and Dan told me to wash mine at least twice a day with mild, unscented, uncoloured antibacterial soap... pat dry... and then apply Aquaphor (a gentle but v decent quality moisturiser).. I have been doing that since I had it done, and its coming along wonderfully, does not hurt at all...

It will itch like a b*****d tho, and you mustnt scratch it, otherwise if you pull any of the scabbing (only the very top layer of skin.. usually due to the trauma) off, it like to take the ink with it and you'll get holes in the colour! Ask whether the tattoo place does free touch ups... might be worth having it neatened up further once its settled.

I personally wanted something no one else would ever have... I knew I wanted one... set to designing it and then sat on the design for a few months... went back to it... then sat on it again, right up until I went into the shop to get it done... but I still love it now and when I look in the mirror it makes me smile :P

Its easy to cover up or show and I dont -have- to see it everyday.

Here is a pic -just- after it had been done (the slight purple is the transfer they use as a template..) I'll try and get a shot of it now tomorrow :)

DSC00116.jpg

Em, I say go for it, you only live once, and its not like you are getting a massive one somewhere obvious!

Enjoy! And hopefully I'll see it when we go camping! :P

See that is a really cool tat!

I hate seeing trend following tatts such as stars, crosses and chinese tatts etc etc .... just go out to the pub and see all the old men with swallows on their arms because it was the 'in' thing lol!

I thought tattoos where supossed to make you unique but everyone has exaclty the same ones - point!?

See that is a really cool tat!

I hate seeing trend following tatts such as stars, crosses and chinese tatts etc etc .... just go out to the pub and see all the old men with swallows on their arms because it was the 'in' thing lol!

I thought tattoos where supossed to make you unique but everyone has exaclty the same ones - point!?

So long as it means something to the person what does it matter?

We all have similar shades of hair and eye colour but it doesn't make us less of an individual :P ;) :thumbsup:

JJ - awesome tattoo! :thumbsup: Amazing that you designed it too, I wish I had your graphical prowess hun! :lol:

lol

I just don't get the chinese thing though??? Are you chinese??? I personally think it's something to do with the pretty picture (well text) resembling some powerfull words??

I.E you choose yours for the phonex rising from the flames or something???

Why not just have an image instead of some foreign text??? - The Coventry Universtiy logo for example lol!

Yes, I'm Chinese.... :lol::rolleyes:

I could have an image, by all means. I'd walk around and people would say "Look, she has a bird on her back"

But I've never been the sort to be obvious, I like the mystery surrounding the word in Chinese, that fact that for all the average joe on the street knew it would mean anything, but to ME it means something special.

I'm not doing it for other people to see and know what it is, I'm doing it for myself. If I choose to tell people what it means then thats down to me and I like the fact that its my secret to tell.

And I don't come from Coventry, so no point in that! :lol:

Why not have an image? I don't bloody want one Dave! And no point having a tattoo I don't want! :rolleyes:

I think there is a time and a place for all things... I -love- stars... and a friend of mine has some tattooed around his wrist and I think they look gorgeous...

I also love Japanese and Chinese Kanji (I have some Jap stuff on my car)...

So long as it means something to you, it doesnt matter if its a load of rubbish / totally made up... or its a symbol in another language or picture.

Even if people do get similar tattoos... they will never be 100% the same, as its not like perfect reproduction... and its different skin tone/type and sometimes in different places etc...

I do know what peeps are saying about 'the usual suspects' type tattoos.. as I didnt want -anyone- to have what I did.... but I still think flash stuff (ready drawn) can be pretty too :)

Having had some more time to read other comments.. I thought I would respond to a few more bits :P

I managed to get a razor cut, and he had to tattoo over that :o !

The tattooist that I went to refused to tattoo over broken/sunburnt skin, I thought that was the norm? As Dan (one of the guys I was staying with out there) managed to get a scratch through one of his when we were camping and so couldnt get it altered...

i think the tatt depends on the person and the location. i personally love tattoo's

i have 16 of them!

<snip>

i have 8 tattoo's on my left arm, and they are not 'manly' at all.

I think pics are in order :P I showed mine! lol

My Mrs wants to get "Karma" tatoo'd on her in japanese....

I have told her absolutely not!!!

Good! lol :P apparently according to my mates.. getting yout partner's name tattooed on you is like the kiss of death for the relationship lol :P (prolly more so in your case as you dont like tats).

My Mrs wants to get "Karma" tatoo'd on her in japanese....

I have told her absolutely not!!!

Good! lol :P apparently according to my mates.. getting yout partner's name tattooed on you is like the kiss of death for the relationship lol :P (prolly more so in your case as you dont like tats).

Well you remember what happened to Johnny Depp with his Winona Forever tattoo.... :lol: Think him & Winona Ryder finished shortly after and he had to get it changed to Wino Forever!

Cheers for the chat yesterday JJ - you gave me some great advice!

33 days to go! Woop woop! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I like girls with tattoos B)

---------------------------------------------

support @ sucretemplates.com

support @ SUDIZ.COM

I like girls with tattoos B)

I like girls, with or without. :angel_not:

---------------------------------------------

support @ sucretemplates.com

support @ SUDIZ.COM

Well we are now booked and ready to go on 12th July - deposit paid!

Lovely bunch of guys too - the guy whos doing it comes highly recommended from the research I've done so really chuffed I managed to get an appointment with him!

Nervous, but excited!! :yahoo:

Lovely bunch of guys too - the guy whos doing it comes highly recommended from the research I've done so really chuffed I managed to get an appointment with him!

Do You want anyone to hold your Hand ? "I'M FREE " :lol:

& the Best of luck, even if you can hold your own hand.

Will we get Pics, in due course ?

Do You want anyone to hold your Hand ? "I'M FREE " :lol:

& the Best of luck, even if you can hold your own hand.

Will we get Pics, in due course ?

Yes, my best friend is coming with me and has said she will take pics (if allowed!)

Good luck, are you getting what I suggested?

Sadly no Kev.... after much deliberation I decided to go with my design... although yours was superb... maybe next time eh ;)

Good luck, are you getting what I suggested?

Sadly no Kev.... after much deliberation I decided to go with my design... although yours was superb... maybe next time eh ;)

Fair enough, apparently once most people have 1 they always want another, maybe you can get it done sometime in the future :P

Em.. get it video'd... make a good You Tube vid :lol:

Good luck with it, I hope you enjoy the experience.

Fair enough, apparently once most people have 1 they always want another, maybe you can get it done sometime in the future :P

Thats true kev they are very addictive - although there is a point when you stop and think - hang on im going to end up like winehouse :!Removed!: lol