Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removel Of Main Beam As Cold Air Feed

moulty3

hi i have relocated my Battery to free up some space under the bonnet and plan on removing the main beam does this require removing the front bumper?

why would you want to remove the main beam? it's what keeps you safe in an impact?

just run the tubing into the wing and locate the filter there

are u talking about the bar in the bumper or are you talkin about main beam lights? i have wanted a straight air intake for a while and toyed about with the idea of havin it placed in the front quarter panel with a hole bored in the panel for the filter to just pop out of neatly. might not sound good but ive seen it on 2 cars before and it looked awesome!

seen the side light removed for an induction kit too! needs changin over for mot tho

I think he probably means the headlight. The bumper needs to come off to get the lights out unfortunately. Try looking for Adam_GTs posts. he did it and it looked awesome.

yes does look great but could you b bothered with the bumper removal come mot time ever year? i know i couldnt! u need a mate in that does the mot's and will let you away with it!! cant do that over in northern ireland as we have mot centres and not just a garage. you can end up with any guy that works there so its def a no go over here!

hey i meant the main beam light,lol, ive seen it done and have a mate the can custom pipework to do me a feed but the bumper is a ball ache to remove

you do realise that you are opening up a big ' please pull me over and check my car' size hole?

why not feed from behind the bumper? my filter is mounted there and gets lots of cold air

you do realise that you are opening up a big ' please pull me over and check my car' size hole?

why not feed from behind the bumper? my filter is mounted there and gets lots of cold air

yeah thought of that but for the amount a drive it a think i'll take the chance but ma cars pritty legit jst the drivers a bit doggey,lol