Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5th Gen. Lack Of Power

darwishb

Hello everyone,

i own a Toyota Celica 5th generation with 3S-GE engine (German type) but i have a little problem and don't know if this is a weak point in Celicas....When i drive in the second gear and push the gas pedal to the end i have to wait till my rpm reaches about 5000rpm or maybe more and then i can feel the power and the car pulls crazy .....my question is ,why don't it start to pull at lower rpm,is there a technical problem in my engine or is it normal ????

thanks for ur help

First off welcome to the site...and its good to see another 5th gen owner...

To rest your mind i can assure you that this is normal in all 5th gens...Something to do with the valves opening up fully once the rpm reaches about 4500 rpm and that is when you get a kick from the car...

If you want to get a little more grunt at lower revs then my advice would be to get a sports exhaust system put in place... :thumbsup:

it works a treat... B)

by the way.. you better post some pictures of your car.. as we all like pics round here..

hey i tried taking every gear to 4500revs, and i must say i never noticed how much power mine really has, unbelievable!!!

cheers Lads for the advice,

esso garages will love me now!

hey i tried taking every gear to 4500revs, and i must say i never noticed how much power mine really has, unbelievable!!!

you must drive like Miss Daisy then.. lol...

your tellin me that you have never once tried to see how fast it would accelerate from a standing start??? tut tut tut... :D

• 3 weeks later...

you must drive like Miss Daisy then.. lol...

your tellin me that you have never once tried to see how fast it would accelerate from a standing start??? tut tut tut... :D

well, no more driving miss daisy, i can see my license getting taken off me soon!

thanks lads! my gen 5 has never been more fun, costin a bit on petrol, but yous are right sports cars are meant to be driven in a sports style and what fun it it

thanks to toyota!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links