Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Non Compressor Induction

orcrist_1986

Okay guys, I'm quite new to TOC

As the title suggests, I'm after an induction kit for my 05 T-Sport, but after looking at the airbox and the amount of other pipes/electronics etc attached to it, I cant see a possible way of removing it :huh: unless I'm being daft.

As I understand it, the ECU wont work if the MAF sensor is not where it should be, so dont really want to be taking it out.

Is there any induction kits that let you keep the MAF sensor, or will I just be better of with a cold air feed and a new panel filter?

Thanks in advance

Martyn

they is plenty, K and N do some i.e the typhoon, try searching theres loads of threads about them :)

they is plenty, K and N do some i.e the typhoon, try searching theres loads of threads about them :)

Cheers mate, will have a look

I have a K&N Typhoon installed on mine.

Here's a picture.

EngineKN.jpg

They're pretty simple to install and as you can see the MAF sits in the induction pipe itself.

Looks smart mate.

I've just been looking around, and the two I've picked out is between the K&N Typhoon, or the PiperCross Viper, but not sure if the viper has anywhere to fit the MAF sensor.

Need to ring them really to find out

It probably would have. They won't supply kits for cars unless they're spot on as everyone would complain.

I'm not a fan of Pipercross myself. If any I'd go for the K&N Typhoon or the one of the two Blitz kits available. I believe Fensport can source them for you. Probably cheaper too, see below.

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-191.aspx

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-245.aspx

cheers mate

i think im going to go for the Typhoon to be honest, but in chrome red, as i have a black CTS, i dont think the chrome would look too great.

hopefully get on when i get paid then, just in time for jap show B)

Good luck!

By the way - The Facelift has to be installed slightly different to stop your CEL, VSC and TRC OFF lights coming on constantly.

When you do eventually buy it, Let me know if you haven't got the updated instructions as I have it in PDF format.

Kearon. :thumbsup:

Jap show- Good man! Keep an eye out for me n me bro. my grey t sport n me bro red compressor. Yeh the only thing you need to worry about on the typhoon is making sure you disconnect the negative Battery terminal as it instructs you to do, otherwise the lights will come on. Had that problem myself!

I never disconnect my Battery or removed the original intake pipe, left it in for extra cold air being fed to the filter.

The lights are easily reset by removing the 2 15amp fuses from your fusebox for 10 seconds.

I never disconnect my battery or removed the original intake pipe, left it in for extra cold air being fed to the filter.

The lights are easily reset by removing the 2 15amp fuses from your fusebox for 10 seconds.

Yeh i did the same with the cold air feed. Seems pointless removing the main cold air feed! Its just a bit easier to take the Battery terminal i think.

cool thanks guys

i will have a look around jap show to see if i can find you, :D

hopefully, im going to ring abp motorsport in Crewe tomorrow to find out the lead time on ordering one in, i think its usually 3 days though.

then just need to wait to get paid :( :rolleyes:

I ordered mine from eBay. Nearly a week later it turnd up, needless to say I wasn't impressed with the wait, so I sent it back and got it from a local shop who collected it the same day from a K&N Factory in Warrington for me.

And for the same price as the eBay one. :thumbsup:

I ordered mine from Ebay. Nearly a week later it turnd up, needless to say I wasn't impressed with the wait, so I sent it back and got it from a local shop who collected it the same day from a K&N Factory in Warrington for me.

And for the same price as the Ebay one. :thumbsups:

Yeh, i dont really trust fleabay tbh, im going to either order it through me local motor factors shop or through abp motorsport :thumbsup:

I know ill definately get it in excellent condition, and in good time as well :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links