Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove Front And Rear Seats Celica Cabriolet 1995

Beano47

Hi - We're going away next weekend and my wife has just bought seat covers for our '95 Cabriolet - wants 'em fitted NOW! Monday - Wednesday 2nd - 4th June.

The neatest job will be achieved by removing the seats.

I want to go at this job forewarned about any snags in order to do it quickly - the car is outside and the weather forecast iffy.

I've looked at the front seats and the seat runner seems to locate at front by only one bolt at each side , but the rear ends seems to be rivetted? OR - is there some easy way of releasing the seat from the runners?

Does the rear seat squab just come out with a big tug? The backrest is presumably simply bolted in - it looks fairly primitive?

Can't be sure about your vert but on the coupe it is very simple, I have mine out regularly and it takes me less than 10mins now for all 4. The fronts just have 2 bolts at the front and 2 at the rear beneath little bits of plastic trim. The rear backrests on the coupe fold down and there are 2 bolts per seat holding them to the hinges. The bench will then simply lift out. ;)

:wacko:Hi,

Perhaps I am too late, but don't forget to carefully unplug and replug the connections to seat belt warning tags!!!!!!!!

Mike :thumbsup:

Thanks both - I did the job on Monday evening, before your replies arrived - it didn't rain. The job was easy, as you say. The rear seat squab just pulls up vertically and the back is held by four accessible nuts - especially accessible with the hood down. Disconnecting the seat belt warning connectors was the fiddly bit, even with the seat unbolted! I was amazed to find a third (centre) seat belt assembly under the rear seat - three dwarves?

Thanks anyway,

Roger