Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Fits A Stainless Steel Exhaust On Gt4?

gt4WRC

left the car with my local exhaust garage, (well known company) and they wont fit exhaust on the GT4 because you have to drop the rear sub frame, possibly the front, to fit the exhaust system.

is this true, is it hard to do?

plus one more question, the front subframes position means the stock exhaust has to be oval shape, but the mongoose exhaust i bought is round, does this affect the fitting of it?

:( :( :(

I could be wrong but it sounds like a load of rubbish to me. I always thought exhausts just bolted on even on these cars. Enough people do it and never seem to have any problems.

???? i never had the sub frame dropped out for mine!! and oval? dont think so? the mongoose system is supposed to fit very well! you have the flexi section etc?

???? i never had the sub frame dropped out for mine!! and oval? dont think so? the mongoose system is supposed to fit very well! you have the flexi section etc?

yeah apparantly so mate, just loosened to get new exhaust in. the new mongoose has the flexi section on it. yeah the section that goes over the front subframe is slightly ovaled, i saw it with my own eyes.....

Should i see about changing the catalytic converter too, not a de-cat, but a standard one? how long do they last? Or how many miles do they do?

My cat has recently gone at around 113000k miles. A new one would cost a fortune. You can get a second hand one from Fensport for £50 but you'd be better off waiting for yours to go as a second hand one could go at any time too.

My cat has recently gone at around 113000k miles.

how did you know the cat was gone? fail the emission test? or did it rust away?

My cat has recently gone at around 113000k miles.

how did you know the cat was gone? fail the emission test? or did it rust away?

When I had the Previa, the Cat rattled cos some clown reversed the car into a high pavement!

On my RAV, I just went down the cat removal, and amazingly the car still passed its MOT!

I use Freeflow in Shotts for the exhausts on my RAV, being as its a hybrid - one off car. They're quite helpful.

you can fit the exhaust yourself with a simple set of home garage ramps, i did. i wouldn't have thought you'd need to drop the rear sub frame, i can't really comment as i was changing my rear diff mount at the same time

It did struggle to pass the emissions back in Jan and recently I had the manifold gasket done. The cat came off during the job and its guts just fell out! :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

What an absolute load of cobblers! You NEVER have to drop the suspension to do anything to the GT4's exhaust system in any way.

Go back to the garage and beat them around the head with your new exhaust.

I've done a full ST205 exhaust system from the turbo all the way to the backbox on my driveway in less than 4hrs using nothing but simple spanners and sockets.

Some garages are just run by monkeys.

wouldnt replace the cat unless it has gone and when i mean "gone" i mean either rusted away, failed the mot on it or it its rattling about like a bee hive in ur exhaust!! as said before the guts can fall out if it taken off. a lot of people just gut them for better flow and just hope that it passes the emissions test. I know of a few people that have passed with no "honeycomb" in the cat.

I have a mongoose system and the garage done mine fine. The only problem was that it would knock on my front subframe becuase it being 3" all the way through. But a bit of carpet and metal cable ties sorted that out. Have you tried going in sunday when the boss is not about and pay cash.