Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows Misting In The Winter

yaris30

I have a slight problem with the windows fogging up in the winter.Even if i turn the blowers on and all it still never goes away.It usually affects the side windows for some reason.My dad has the same problem with his and he has had a few on his previous toyotas..a toyota problem.Have any of yass experienced this?

Damp! Simple as that. If you have air conditioning switch it on and it will go. Check your carpets to see if they are wet, you may have a leak somewhere; also check your boot for the same.

I tend to drive with my sun roof open on tilt even during the winter, acts like a chimney, with heat on high though!

make sure you haven't got the air setting on re-cycle.

Yaris is cack though for the blower settings...you can only have the blowers on the side windows OR the windscreen...and not both......ermmmm if they are going to steam up...then they are ALL going to steam up!

Fresh air through the vents or turning the AC on with warm air works best on this problem.... Alos, open the heat on the floor to stay warm but opening the window a little works at times also if you don't want to waste any AC coolant for the summer.

waste AC coolant?? It's a sealed system. In fact it's advisable to run the AC for at least once a week for a few miles, for trouble free operation.

Wipe the inside with a cloth....nnooooooo! I hate that...just smears..and when your driving into the sun...you can see jack! better to be patient and wait 2 mins for it to clear.

its winter, there is no sun, what is a sun, we dont get that in the uk

The face vents act as your side demisters on the Yaris so if you have it on windscreen then you should get 'forced' air though the face vents.

Toyotas tend to steam up quickly inside because they are very well sealed, if you get a car that isnt like a Corsa or other less superior vehicle then they dont steam up as easily as the seals are not as good.

I think u may have a point James.

I seem to get the misting up 1st thing am b4 setting off to work. Even the fast mist clear setting on aircon takes a few minutes. There's me cursing MB for producing such a useless car. Seems it must be well sealled off....never thought of that.

So I've invested in a mist clear pad from Halfords...seems to work...apart from smearing...but that clears when aircon starts to kick in.

What bugs me is the ice....forget scraping or de-icer....use warm water and then autowipers do the job

ive giot one of them demister pads too just dont let it pick any cack up or youll smear the bugger all over the screen!

:lol: