Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Picnic

haroldjoe

I have a problem with my toyota picnic[2003] where my both fans are running constantly and the electrician cannot solve the problem as yet. This started after my air condition was worked on and the pressure switch was deemed to also be faulty and was changed.When the switch is unplugged the fans cut off.The fans worked perfectly before. I need some advice and would like to know if anyone has the manuals in pdf format for this vehicle and can email it to me.Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

• 4 months later...
I have a problem with my toyota picnic[2003] where my both fans are running constantly and the electrician cannot solve the problem as yet. This started after my air condition was worked on and the pressure switch was deemed to also be faulty and was changed.When the switch is unplugged the fans cut off.The fans worked perfectly before. I need some advice and would like to know if anyone has the manuals in pdf format for this vehicle and can email it to me.Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

you can try eBay workshop manual. I just ordered one it cost 8 pound.

• 5 months later...

I'm searching for the workshop manual as well, if anybody has a hint for me that'd be highly appreciated! I need to do some DIY works on my Picnic and wanted to check a few things on the manual. I even asked the dealer to please show it to me but can't believe he completely refused saying it's private material :wacko: Used some torrent finders as well, but nothing seems to come up.

Thanks a lot!

Take the car back to whomever was working on the air con and tell them to fix it. This is not a car problem it is down to your aircon. The fans should only come on when you switch the air con on. The reason for this is that the aircon, like any refrigeration system, works on the principal of evaporation causes cooling. The gas in you evaporator under your dashboard evaporates as heat is exchanged between the cabin and the exchanger itself. This evaporated gas then needs to be turned back into a liquid state to be recirculated again so it passes to the condenser which is one of the radiators in the front of your car. As air is drawn through this the heat from the gases within the aircon sysem is exchanged to the atmosphere. The cooled gas then turns back to a liquid state ready to be recompressed and cycled again.

SO the fans turn to draw in the air to cool the gas.

If they are running even when the air con is not on then someone has screwed up the wiring and you have a permanent live going to them.

NOTE the fans also turn to cool down the engine but that is a different circuit.

Life is only as complicated as you make it, a process of simple deduction often goes a long way.

All was well before the aircon was "fixed", now it is not. What changed??? Someone worked on the aircon. Solution take it back.