Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1994 Rav4 Alarm / Immobiliser Problems ;(

Fallen4Rav4

I love my little old 1994 Rav4, but recently it has developed problems with the alarm / Immobiliser system and it' driving me mad :censor:

The immobiliser kicks in intermittently for no good reason, happened a couple of times when I'm driving, and has left me stranded on the petrol court unable to move.Resetting it is a nightmare, as it does not always respond to the key fob.

I have contacted my local Toyota dealer and they have advised me to remove it completely at a cost of £153, does this sound reasonable to you or do you have any suggestions?????

I love my little old 1994 Rav4, but recently it has developed problems with the alarm / Immobiliser system and it' driving me mad :censor:

The immobiliser kicks in intermittently for no good reason, happened a couple of times when I'm driving, and has left me stranded on the petrol court unable to move.Resetting it is a nightmare, as it does not always respond to the key fob.

I have contacted my local Toyota dealer and they have advised me to remove it completely at a cost of £153, does this sound reasonable to you or do you have any suggestions?????

Dear fallen4rav4 in North Wales.

Theres been a few posts about this in the last few months and if you do a search, some helpful folk have posted up the process where you can undo the immobiliser wires yersel fur nothing. You'll still be left with central locking with the key. Maist o the wires are black an the wee unit that controls the alarm is under the dash on the passenger side strapped on wi plastic ties - high tech eh?

The alarm system, depending on the version, was fitted to the 94 models by T from a company who designed it and went bust by 1995. Hence no spares. Its ancient technology now anyway....there are other ways of immobilising the car easily and cheaply.

I'd speak to an auto electrician and get a price if ye cannae dae it yersel. Its about 15 minutes work. For £150 you could then book a holiday in Blackpool for a week! Or LLandudno fur a few hours :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jist fur interest, whit mileage has yurs done? Any photos??

Dear fallen4rav4 in North Wales.

Theres been a few posts about this in the last few months and if you do a search, some helpful folk have posted up the process where you can undo the immobiliser wires yersel fur nothing. You'll still be left with central locking with the key. Maist o the wires are black an the wee unit that controls the alarm is under the dash on the passenger side strapped on wi plastic ties - high tech eh?

The alarm system, depending on the version, was fitted to the 94 models by T from a company who designed it and went bust by 1995. Hence no spares. Its ancient technology now anyway....there are other ways of immobilising the car easily and cheaply.

I'd speak to an auto electrician and get a price if ye cannae dae it yersel. Its about 15 minutes work. For £150 you could then book a holiday in Blackpool for a week! Or LLandudno fur a few hours :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jist fur interest, whit mileage has yurs done? Any photos??

Hi thanks for the advice!!

:lol: wish I was brave enough to have a go myself just scared of killing it! Cant see any specific instructions on how to take the damn thing out though??

My Rav's done 67k got no pics at the mo, really should put some on here..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links