Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pic's Of My New Car

Oli

This isn't the 1st picture i wanted you to see but after 3 weeks i've :censor: it! :crybaby:

All i can say is i can't believe it has happened. Coming out of a parking space of all places! Going 2 Mph!

DSCN0994.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oli

• Macca.17

• Surinder

• jerry phipps

there's a small metal bar that run's around the side of the space. I started turning to early and hit the :censor: thing.

It's just made it's mark HARD.

:o S :censor: t dude, and a new one at that!

I've done a few body repairs before and i have to say that aint gonna be cheap.

Is your insurance gonna pay for it?

If not your looking at a panel beater (never be the same) or changing the door and side wing.

Im really sorry for you dude :(

Full sympathy from me mate!!! :eek:

I had a similar experiance with my first 5th gen Celica...I let my cousin use it for a couple of weeks first as he needed a motor at that point more than me.. (+ i used to borrow his MR2 Turbo before he mashed it)

i got the car abck off him on a Friday... and on the following Monday morning takin it to work for the first time 50 yards from my house...Some cow in a old clio smashed into the side of me and i was only doing about 3 mph as well...

Was absolutely GUTTED!

Hope you get it sorted mate... good luck..

:o S :censor: t dude, and a new one at that!

I've done a few body repairs before and i have to say that aint gonna be cheap.

Is your insurance gonna pay for it?

If not your looking at a panel beater (never be the same) or changing the door and side wing.

Im really sorry for you dude :(

i can't claim off the insurance i'm only 20... they will :censor: me.

It's hard to see from the photo but it's worse than it's look there. The panel is bent back 2 inch's.

I'm hoping it won't be much more than a grand but i'm not getting any crap job done. I need it to look as good as possible (like it did hopefully)

Full sympathy from me mate!!! :eek:

I had a similar experiance with my first 5th gen Celica...I let my cousin use it for a couple of weeks first as he needed a motor at that point more than me.. (+ i used to borrow his MR2 Turbo before he mashed it)

i got the car abck off him on a Friday... and on the following Monday morning takin it to work for the first time 50 yards from my house...Some cow in a old clio smashed into the side of me and i was only doing about 3 mph as well...

Was absolutely GUTTED!

Hope you get it sorted mate... good luck..

i feel for you mate. I didn't know whether to cry or scream.

I just hope i can get it done so you'd never know.

Well the more i think about it i would say its ok without new body panels.

I had a some twit smack the rear of my previous car and it was worse than that! Coast me £100 cash to get fixed!

I would say dont have the panels replaced and get a body shop to beat it and treat it. Shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred and you'll never know it was there.

I dont know any places near you but i know of a place that'll do it cash here in Reading. Probably no help to you :lol:

But honestly i would have said your gonna be ok with it.

Im in exactly the same situation as you mate. Im 21 and got 2 yrs ncb unprotected. Smacked me car last month and am keeping the insurance companies WELL out of it. :lol:

there's a small metal bar that run's around the side of the space. I started turning to early and hit the  :censor: thing.

It's just made it's mark HARD.

It seems that those bars were not quite visible, so claim to the parking place. Also for not having those bars protected to possible car damages and scratches!! :ffs:

I feel awfull when these kind of things happen to us... We are so carefull all the time....

Anyway, I think that it is a minor damage compared to a blown engine or a broken drivetrain. Can you change the whole door? may be buying a second hand door, same colour, same model... That's what we do here, is cheaper.

Cheers mate

Tell us how it goes

Coyote from BA

Argentina

I would say dont have the panels replaced and get a body shop to beat it and treat it. Shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred and you'll never know it was there.

I would 2nd that!!! Although i'm only 18 my bro crashed his Punto (nasty) in2 the back of an off duty cop (none 2 pleased) and he just got a new light unit and had a very major dent in his bonnet!!!

Anyway, he took it 2 several garages and he wos gettin quoted £200, £300 and then went 2 a garage in Glasgow and the guyin there sed he would do it 4 £60, cash in hand!!!

My advice 2 u is shop around!!!

Good luck with it all anyway mate!!! :thumbsup:

oli.. i know a good panel beater locally to us. I'll have have to ask my bro in law for his number over the weekend. Based in netherton.

F :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: g Hell mate, where did u do that?

Ill speak 2 my uncle for you mate see if he does what u need, also there is a new place on stalling lane by me, kingswinford autos that do body repairs...mite be worth a look.

Sorry to see that mate :crybaby::crybaby:

Tom

A lot of people have said to try and claim from Merry Hill (Where it happened) For the cost of a stamp and a letter i think it's well worth it.

I'm just thinking if i want it to look like new i will have to pay. I've had a few cheap spray jobs done before and they where OK for a 10 year old car but not a 3 week one.

If Macca.17 or Surinder can help please find me out some details. I want to get this sorted ASAP.

Thanks for the support lads. :thumbsup:

No!!!! :crybaby:

I feel for you Oli thats nasty matey... :(

Hope you get it sorted ok & get some other pics up cos I love Gen7 Celicas! :)

No!!!! :crybaby:

I feel for you Oli thats nasty matey... :(

Hope you get it sorted ok & get some other pics up cos I love Gen7 Celicas! :)

cheers mate.

I know the subject is misleading..

ooooh unlucky matey

made me feel all funny!

on a positive i like the look of them rims!

:thumbsup:

ooooh unlucky matey

made me feel all funny!

on a positive i like the look of them rims!

:thumbsup:

me 2... They don't look like 17in though...

oli im still looking round for you mate... also does anyone know any good dent removal places local 2 the westmidlands? as my mate reversed into my car nite, leaving a fair sized dent in my wheel arch :crybaby:

Cheers

Tom!

oli im still looking round for you mate... also does anyone know any good dent removal places local 2 the westmidlands? as my mate reversed into my car nite, leaving a fair sized dent in my wheel arch :crybaby:

Cheers

Tom!

thanks for looking..

I'm sorry to hear of your dent (i did get your txt).. If this snow sticks today there might be a few more people with the same problem.

Best of luck to the both of us i think.

Man do i feel for you!

you both live near me - by wordsley hospital - so hears a bit of advise, dunno if its any good, Down by the dell hletics stadium there's an old petrol forecourt with second hand cars on the front and a shed building place next to it, well round the back through the old pumps there's this little body shop, looks sh*te, but we've had work done down there and he was really good - both work and price. ALSO, the b*****s of Merry Hell have got insurance for this kind of sh*t, was it on the new multistorey - cause if it was, then you're onto sumat cause its still bein built, and you can say it was due the builders on the first level - they've got sum crackin insurance you can claim off!

Head into B'Hill by the swimming baths and ASDA, and speak to the Citizen Advice Bureu.

Hope I'm of sum help, Dave

The problem will be in the small print, the merry hill notice boards used to say " cars parked at owners risk blah blah blah"

Man do i feel for you!

you both live near me - by wordsley hospital - so hears a bit of advise, dunno if its any good, Down by the dell hletics stadium there's an old petrol forecourt with second hand cars on the front and a shed building place next to it, well round the back through the old pumps there's this little body shop, looks sh*te, but we've had work done down there and he was really good - both work and price. ALSO, the b*****s of Merry Hell have got insurance for this kind of sh*t, was it on the new multistorey - cause if it was, then you're onto sumat cause its still bein built, and you can say it was due the builders on the first level - they've got sum crackin insurance you can claim off!

Head into B'Hill by the swimming baths and ASDA, and speak to the Citizen Advice Bureu.

Hope I'm of sum help, Dave

If you could mate that would be great but i don't blame anyone but myself.

I got a quote today for £1400 cash.. That's guarantee to look like new.

New rear 1/4 panel, New door, new side skirt & new something else.