Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking -saga Ongoing!

tracx

Hi Guys,

Back to my central locking issue.. My door lock switch on the drivers door when presses wont lock drivers or passengers door,When pressed I can hear the central locking unit under the dash and hear the relay in the passenger door,When I lock the drivers door it only locks thatt door and vice versa on the passenger sidehas anyone any solution or know anyone on the site that can help, Please anyone????

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Back to my central locking issue.. My door lock switch on the drivers door when presses wont lock drivers or passengers door,When pressed I can hear the central locking unit under the dash and hear the relay in the passenger door,When I lock the drivers door it only locks thatt door and vice versa on the passenger sidehas anyone any solution or know anyone on the site that can help, Please anyone????

Paul

Im having a similar problem my central locking button locks both doors but when pressed to unlock it only unlocks the drivers and not the passengers? also when they key is turn in the lock only the drivers door opens and same as you visa versa. unfortuantly the key fob i think need recoding also very wierd????? any help

Hi Guys,

Paul

Im having a similar problem my central locking button locks both doors but when pressed to unlock it only unlocks the drivers and not the passengers? also when they key is turn in the lock only the drivers door opens and same as you visa versa. unfortuantly the key fob i think need recoding also very wierd????? any help

My wifes has the same problem , i reckon its the locks , im an auto spark so when i get a chance to sort hers out i let yous know

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

Paul

My wifes has the same problem , i reckon its the locks , im an auto spark so when i get a chance to sort hers out i let yous know

I fixed the locking on my wifes car yesterday , on her car the button on the o/s door would only lock the o/s door , when the key was turned on either door only that door would lock , unlock .

I changed the latch on the n/s door and that sorted that side with the button and key , but the o/s key would still only work that door . I then removed the activation switch off the latch stripped it and cleaned the contacts and that fixed the problem of the o/s key only working that side .

in my corolla if i lock the driver door it locks passenger door. but its very temperamental when unlocking the doors. only now and again would the passenger door unlock when key is turned in drivers door. and sometimes the unlock button inside the door works without the key in the ignition and other times the key has to be turned to allow the unlock button to work. i dont have remote central locking. i just dont get it??????

in my corolla if i lock the driver door it locks passenger door. but its very temperamental when unlocking the doors. only now and again would the passenger door unlock when key is turned in drivers door. and sometimes the unlock button inside the door works without the key in the ignition and other times the key has to be turned to allow the unlock button to work. i dont have remote central locking. i just dont get it??????

It sounds like the contacts in the door lock could be corroded that coud explane why it only works sometimes . The problem with the lock button could be due to a bad connection . The easyest fix could be to change the lock with a second hand one . I might be able to find one for as i have a friend with a crashed corrolla g6

It sounds like the contacts in the door lock could be corroded that coud explane why it only works sometimes . The problem with the lock button could be due to a bad connection . The easyest fix could be to change the lock with a second hand one . I might be able to find one for as i have a friend with a crashed corrolla g6

ya but i find that if the passenger door doesnt unlock when i unlock the driver door, the unlock button doesnt work then. the unlock button works when the passenger door unlocks when the driver door unlocks, if you catch my drift??? :wacko: . completely defeats the purpose like :D

ya but i find that if the passenger door doesnt unlock when i unlock the driver door, the unlock button doesnt work then. the unlock button works when the passenger door unlocks when the driver door unlocks, if you catch my drift??? :wacko: . completely defeats the purpose like :D

Then the problem could be with the control relay , check if this is clicking when the central locking is activated , if it is working then all that is left is the lock or wireing . I fixed a slimar problem with a 91 corolla a few years back , it was caused by broken wires in the o/s door .

alright no problem. thanks!! just wondering what it was. doubt i'll be bothered doing anything bout it though :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links